What is involved in Customer experience management
Find out what the related areas are that Customer experience management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Customer experience management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Customer Experience Management CEM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Customer Experience Management CEM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Customer experience management related domains to cover and 174 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Customer experience management, Customer experience, Brand loyalty, Brand recognition, Cable television, Communication model, Communications service provider, Competitive advantage, Customer Data Platform, Customer Success, Customer attrition, Customer centricity, Customer commitment, Customer knowledge, Customer relationship management, Customer satisfaction, Digital device, Digital era, Digital media, Direct marketing, Experience economy, Experiential marketing, Fast Company, Forrester Research, Harvard Business Review, Inner peace, Integrated marketing communications, Internet platform, Marketing mix, Mind shaping, Moment of truth, Multichannel marketing, Net Promoter Score, Persuasion techniques, Placebo effect, Purchasing process, Retail industry, Sales promotion, Social media:
Customer experience management Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Customer experience management planning and report on setting up Customer experience management without losing ground.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Customer experience management into the services that we provide?
– what is Different Between B2C B2B Customer Experience Management?
– How will you measure your Customer experience management effectiveness?
– How would one define Customer experience management leadership?
Customer experience Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Customer experience risks and get answers.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Customer experience management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– When a person has a bad Customer Service experience how many people do they tell?
– Do Customer experience management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are all of our Customer experience management domains and what do they do?
– How does mystery shopping help us improve our Customer Service and experience?
– How important is real time for providing social media Customer Service?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– What are the best community tools for Customer Service?
– So how do we add value to the customer experience?
– What is the internal customer experience?
– How can Customer Service be improved?
Brand loyalty Critical Criteria:
Read up on Brand loyalty outcomes and pioneer acquisition of Brand loyalty systems.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Customer experience management project?
– How do we go about Comparing Customer experience management approaches/solutions?
– Do we all define Customer experience management in the same way?
Brand recognition Critical Criteria:
Trace Brand recognition projects and look in other fields.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Customer experience management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the usability implications of Customer experience management actions?
– Is Customer experience management Required?
Cable television Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Cable television strategies and get answers.
– What are the business goals Customer experience management is aiming to achieve?
– Why should we adopt a Customer experience management framework?
– How can we improve Customer experience management?
Communication model Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Communication model failures and handle a jump-start course to Communication model.
– To what extent does management recognize Customer experience management as a tool to increase the results?
– What are internal and external Customer experience management relations?
– Why is Customer experience management important for you now?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Communications service provider outcomes and adjust implementation of Communications service provider.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Can we add value to the current Customer experience management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Customer experience management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are specific Customer experience management Rules to follow?
Competitive advantage Critical Criteria:
Investigate Competitive advantage governance and oversee Competitive advantage management by competencies.
– If you had to rebuild your organization without any traditional competitive advantages (i.e., no killer a technology, promising research, innovative product/service delivery model, etc.), how would your people have to approach their work and collaborate together in order to create the necessary conditions for success?
– Designing internet of things (IoT) solutions can unlock innovation, increase efficiencies and create new competitive advantages. but in an emerging marketplace of mostly unknown and untested solutions, where do we start?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Customer experience management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– To what extent does data-driven innovation add to the competitive advantage (CA) of your company?
– Value proposition – can we create and sustain competitive advantage for this product?
– How likely is it that the strategy will continue to sustain competitive advantage?
– organizational Culture: Can it be a Source of Sustained Competitive Advantage?
– Does the Customer experience management task fit the clients priorities?
– What will drive Customer experience management change?
– How can CRM be a source of competitive advantage?
– What is our competitive advantage?
Customer Data Platform Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Customer Data Platform quality and do something to it.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Customer experience management in a volatile global economy?
– How will you know that the Customer experience management project has been successful?
– Why are Customer experience management skills important?
Customer Success Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Customer Success issues and slay a dragon.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Customer experience management is underway?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Customer experience management that make it risky?
– How can you measure Customer experience management in a systematic way?
Customer attrition Critical Criteria:
Mix Customer attrition goals and observe effective Customer attrition.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Customer experience management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Customer experience management project lifecycle?
– Which customers cant participate in our Customer experience management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Customer centricity Critical Criteria:
Chat re Customer centricity issues and stake your claim.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Customer experience management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Customer experience management moving forward?
– How important is Customer experience management to the user organizations mission?
Customer commitment Critical Criteria:
Sort Customer commitment governance and pioneer acquisition of Customer commitment systems.
– How likely is the current Customer experience management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Customer knowledge Critical Criteria:
Generalize Customer knowledge results and optimize Customer knowledge leadership as a key to advancement.
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Customer relationship management decisions and find out what it really means.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– Will the Tier 3 Exchange support team need access to the respondents CRM tool?
– How is LTV calculated and how does it differ from ROI and profitability?
– Do you follow-up with your customers after their order has been filled?
– What do you consider a short call and what is the threshold in seconds?
– How many current users will maintain and access the crm program?
– Are the application host process shut-down options acceptable?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize the address book?
– Is there an incentive for visitors/customers to register?
– What storage quotas should be applied to each mailbox?
– Security settings: What if you cant access a feature?
– Are the offline synchronization subscriptions valid?
– Is the Outlook synchronization subscription valid?
– What is the depth of the vendors domain expertise?
– Is the offline synching performance acceptable?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– How do you structure your account teams?
– Is the address book size acceptable?
– What customer data is necessary?
– What happens to customizations?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Consider Customer satisfaction decisions and research ways can we become the Customer satisfaction company that would put us out of business.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Customer experience management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is maximizing Customer experience management protection the same as minimizing Customer experience management loss?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
Digital device Critical Criteria:
See the value of Digital device tasks and develop and take control of the Digital device initiative.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Customer experience management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What is the source of the strategies for Customer experience management strengthening and reform?
Digital era Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Digital era decisions and get the big picture.
– Which Customer experience management goals are the most important?
– How to deal with Customer experience management Changes?
Digital media Critical Criteria:
Detail Digital media tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Digital media users.
– what is the best design framework for Customer experience management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Think about the functions involved in your Customer experience management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is Customer experience management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Review Direct marketing visions and shift your focus.
– How do we Lead with Customer experience management in Mind?
– What threat is Customer experience management addressing?
Experience economy Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Experience economy quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Experience economy.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Customer experience management processes?
Experiential marketing Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Experiential marketing failures and ask what if.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Customer experience management process?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Customer experience management project?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Customer experience management objectives?
Fast Company Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Fast Company issues and revise understanding of Fast Company architectures.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Customer experience management values?
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Guide Forrester Research leadership and tour deciding if Forrester Research progress is made.
– Does Customer experience management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How can the value of Customer experience management be defined?
Harvard Business Review Critical Criteria:
Chat re Harvard Business Review quality and catalog Harvard Business Review activities.
– How much does Customer experience management help?
Inner peace Critical Criteria:
Apply Inner peace results and find out.
– When a Customer experience management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Customer experience management?
Integrated marketing communications Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Integrated marketing communications decisions and test out new things.
– You need to ask yourself two questions and organize contingency plans around them: what if? Next, think through how you would handle a crisis organizationally. to whom do you go to get the facts?
– Another consideration in developing an imc program is the nature of your product or service. is it over-the-counter (condoms) or ethical (oral contraceptives/ocs)?
– How might imc be used by the two organizations to improve their marketing communications efforts in relation to green issues?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– How can we position our brand so that the consumer finds it valuable and distinctive?
– Does the plan deliver on the most important goals set forth in the media objectives?
– What is most important and will help us best achieve the marketing objective?
– How much interaction w/customers does this communications vehicle allow?
– What will be the geographical allocation of the media budget and why?
– Amount of clutter (what are my competitors spending/doing?
– What types of advantages can we leverage for our products?
– Who is the target audience for this advertising message?
– What is the nature of our middlemen or the trade?
– Do we need to reach actual users or influencers?
– Will the promotion be supported by media?
– To whom do you go to get the facts?
– Will there be a main attraction?
– Who are your target audiences?
– Is it national or regional?
Internet platform Critical Criteria:
Meet over Internet platform projects and correct better engagement with Internet platform results.
– How do we know that any Customer experience management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How can skill-level changes improve Customer experience management?
– Are we Assessing Customer experience management and Risk?
Marketing mix Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Marketing mix issues and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Marketing mix projects.
– Identify a product that has been successfully modified to meet changing consumer needs and, as a result, has avoided the decline stage. can we modify the market, the product, or the marketing mix?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Customer experience management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Customer experience management, including any consulting or professional services?
Mind shaping Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Mind shaping leadership and cater for concise Mind shaping education.
Moment of truth Critical Criteria:
Learn from Moment of truth visions and gather practices for scaling Moment of truth.
– What is our formula for success in Customer experience management ?
– How do we keep improving Customer experience management?
Multichannel marketing Critical Criteria:
Apply Multichannel marketing planning and remodel and develop an effective Multichannel marketing strategy.
– Is Customer experience management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Net Promoter Score Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Net Promoter Score visions and maintain Net Promoter Score for success.
– Is the Customer experience management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Customer experience management leaders?
Persuasion techniques Critical Criteria:
Mix Persuasion techniques goals and get out your magnifying glass.
– Will Customer experience management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Have all basic functions of Customer experience management been defined?
Placebo effect Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Placebo effect tasks and proactively manage Placebo effect risks.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Customer experience management?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Customer experience management activities?
Purchasing process Critical Criteria:
Recall Purchasing process outcomes and assess what counts with Purchasing process that we are not counting.
– Given the customer problem/pain, what are the key buyer values that will drive the customers purchasing process?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Customer experience management forward?
Retail industry Critical Criteria:
Chart Retail industry management and know what your objective is.
– What are the key elements of your Customer experience management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Does our organization need more Customer experience management education?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Grade Sales promotion risks and gather Sales promotion models .
– What potential environmental factors impact the Customer experience management effort?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Social media results and finalize the present value of growth of Social media.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Customer experience management. How do we gain traction?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Which of the following are reasons you use social media when it comes to Customer Service?
– Have you identified your Customer experience management key performance indicators?
– How would our PR, marketing, and social media change if we did not use outside agencies?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– How is social media changing category management?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Customer Experience Management CEM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Customer experience management External links:
KUBRA – Customer Experience Management Solutions
VertexOne – Utility Customer Experience Management
Rock Connections | Omnichannel Customer Experience Management
Customer experience External links:
GameStop Customer Experience Survey
Do You Have a Customer Experience Title? | CustomerThink
The Truth About Customer Experience
Brand loyalty External links:
Brand Loyalty – investopedia.com
The Psychology of Brand Loyalty: 5 Key Takeaways
Brand Loyalty – Boundless – Textbook Innovation
Brand recognition External links:
Brand Recognition – investopedia.com
What is brand recognition? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Brand Recognition || Newport Brass
Cable television External links:
The 5 Best Alternatives To Using Cable Television in 2017
Northland Communications | Cable Television Service
Consumer Rights Regarding Cable Television Service
Communication model External links:
[PDF]BASIC COMMUNICATION MODEL
Qu’est-ce que la Process Communication Model? – YouTube
Communication Model Test Flashcards | Quizlet
Communications service provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Communications Service Provider Operations
Lithexcel, Marketing and Communications Service Provider
Competitive advantage External links:
Competitive Advantage | tutor2u Business
Customer Data Platform External links:
Customer Data Platform (CDP): Listen. Learn. Execute – NGDATA
Zylotech | Customer Data Platform
Knowledge Marketing | Customer Data Platform
Customer Success External links:
Computer-Rx Customer Success Center
Customer Success Manager: Role, Responsibilities & …
Careers – Customer Success Software | Gainsight
Customer attrition External links:
Listening to Feedback Is How You Fight Customer Attrition
Customer centricity External links:
Optimal Strategix Group | Customer Centricity through …
Customer commitment External links:
What is customer commitment? – Clicktools
L&W Supply Customer Commitment | Building Materials …
Customer Commitment – Everlast Advanced Composite …
Customer knowledge External links:
Customer Knowledge Base – Replicon
FOXTROT Customer Knowledge System
Novantas | Customer Knowledge Analyst
Customer relationship management External links:
Customer Relationship Management | CRM Software – Vtiger
Agile CRM – Customer Relationship Management
Customer satisfaction External links:
Customer Satisfaction Surveys for Contractors | GuildQuality
Raising Cane’s Customer Satisfaction Survey
McDVoice.com – McDonald’s Customer Satisfaction …
Digital device External links:
American Demographics of Digital Device Ownership | …
What are digital devices? | Reference.com
Digital era External links:
CIO Legacy: Thriving in the Digital Era – CIO Journal – WSJ
Digital media External links:
Examples of digital media types include: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Windows Media Video (WMV), MP3, JPEG, and AVI.
Indiana Digital Media – OverDrive
Alliance Digital Media Library – OverDrive
Direct marketing External links:
Everything DM – Direct Marketing Specialists
Boomerang Direct Marketing – Home
Direct Mail & Direct Marketing Services Company – IWCO Direct
Experience economy External links:
5 New Trends Shaping the Experience Economy – …
Experiential marketing External links:
ImagiCorps: Experiential Marketing Agency | Building …
Factory 360 – Experiential Marketing Agency
Contact MC² | Leading Experiential Marketing Agency
Fast Company External links:
Fast Company Innovation Festival
Fast Company – Home | Facebook
Fast Company – Official Site
Forrester Research External links:
Forrester Research and Studies – Blackbaud
FORR Stock Quote – Forrester Research, Inc. Common …
Forrester Research · Forrester
Harvard Business Review External links:
Harvard Business Review – Home | Facebook
Harvard Business Review Case Discussions – Educators …
[PDF]Harvard Business Review – Bentley University
https://www.bentley.edu/files/2016/12/05/Harvard Business Review.pdf
Inner peace External links:
Organic Spa Cincinnati Inner Peace
Integrated marketing communications External links:
Integrated Marketing Communications M.S. | WVU Online
Internet platform External links:
What is an Internet Platform – Experts-Exchange
Internet Platform | Winchester Auto Auction
tagup | Industrial Internet Platform
Marketing mix External links:
Marketing Mix Modeling | Marketing Management Analytics
Understanding the Marketing Mix Concept – 4Ps – Cleverism
MARKETING MIX WEBSITE COMPARISON – Home
Mind shaping External links:
Hypnosis Mind Shaping – Home | Facebook
Hypnosis Mind Shaping – Waterfront – Seattle, WA – Yelp
http://www.yelp.com › Health & Medical › Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy
Hypnosis Mind Shaping. 2,024 likes · 2 talking about this · 4 were here. Alternative & Holistic Health Service
Moment of truth External links:
Moment of Truth | Longform – SI.com
Thank You For Your Service (A Moment of Truth) – YouTube
Moment of Truth – Chained to your Love – YouTube
Multichannel marketing External links:
RRD | Multichannel Marketing Communications
Create a multichannel marketing plan | Smart Insights
RRD Connect – Print & Multichannel Marketing Magazine
Net Promoter Score External links:
The Net Promoter Score is an index ranging from -100 to 100 that measures the willingness of customers to recommend a company’s products or services to others.
How to Calculate Net Promoter Score [Formula] – HubSpot
Net Promoter Score ® | NPS ® Survey | SurveyMonkey
Persuasion techniques External links:
Persuasion Techniques – Psychology of Influence
Persuasion Techniques Flashcards | Quizlet
Placebo effect External links:
Placebo Effect Experiments, Studies, and Causes
The Placebo Effect – Drugs.com
Placebo Effect Flashcards | Quizlet
Purchasing process External links:
Get Started | Purchasing Process | Hunter Douglas
C2-2-05: Whole Loan Purchasing Process (02/23/2016)
[PPT]Basic Purchasing Process – ePMbook
Retail industry External links:
Shopping and the Retail Industry – The New York Times
2016 US Retail Industry Overview – A Guide – The Balance
The Top Hourly Wages In Retail Industry – Business Insider
Sales promotion External links:
Marketing & Sales Promotion – The Balance
Sales Promotion – Marketing Teacher
Sales Promotion – Marketing Teacher
Social media External links:
Social Media and Interpersonal Communication
U.S. Army Social Media