What is involved in Digital Transformation
Find out what the related areas are that Digital Transformation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Digital Transformation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Digital Transformation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Digital Transformation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Digital Transformation related domains to cover and 115 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Digital Transformation, Apple II, Big data, Binary number, Digital Revolution, Digital Single Market, Digital technology, Digital transform, Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz, Health technology, Human society, IBM PC, Industrial Internet, Industry 4.0, Information Age, Information revolution, Information society, Internet of Things, MIT Center for Digital Business, Machine to machine, McKinsey & Company, Performance management, Social change, World Economic Forum, World Wide Web:
Digital Transformation Critical Criteria:
Own Digital Transformation quality and research ways can we become the Digital Transformation company that would put us out of business.
– Does Digital Transformation create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Does Digital Transformation analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Apple II Critical Criteria:
Generalize Apple II engagements and give examples utilizing a core of simple Apple II skills.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Digital Transformation. How do we gain traction?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Digital Transformation processes?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Debate over Big data failures and overcome Big data skills and management ineffectiveness.
– New roles. Executives interested in leading a big data transition can start with two simple techniques. First, they can get in the habit of asking What do the data say?
– How we make effective use of the flood of data that will be produced will be a real big data challenge: should we keep it all or could we throw some away?
– From all the data collected by your organization, what is approximately the percentage that is further processed for value generation?
– What is (or would be) the added value of collaborating with other entities regarding data sharing across economic sectors?
– How should we organize to capture the benefit of Big Data and move swiftly to higher maturity stages?
– What are the primary business drivers for our initiative. What business challenges do we face?
– what is needed to build a data-driven application that runs on streams of fast and big data?
– What are the legal risks in using Big Data/People Analytics in hiring?
– Can we measure the basic performance measures consistently and comprehensively?
– What are the new developments that are included in Big Data solutions?
– What (additional) data do these algorithms need to be effective?
– How much data is really relevant to the problem solution?
– Which other Oracle products are used in your solution?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
– How to attract and keep the community involved?
– Overall cost (matrix, weighting, SVD, sims)?
– So how are managers using big data?
– Hash tables for term management?
– what is Different about Big Data?
Binary number Critical Criteria:
Debate over Binary number projects and customize techniques for implementing Binary number controls.
– what is the best design framework for Digital Transformation organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Digital Transformation that make it risky?
– Are we Assessing Digital Transformation and Risk?
Digital Revolution Critical Criteria:
Chart Digital Revolution outcomes and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Digital Revolution is getting what it needs.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Digital Transformation project manager?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– Is Digital Transformation Required?
Digital Single Market Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Digital Single Market failures and question.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Digital Transformation leader?
– Is there any existing Digital Transformation governance structure?
– What are the business goals Digital Transformation is aiming to achieve?
Digital technology Critical Criteria:
Refer to Digital technology adoptions and be persistent.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Digital Transformation project?
Digital transform Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Digital transform visions and gather Digital transform models .
– How do we ensure that implementations of Digital Transformation products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Digital Transformation process?
– How can you measure Digital Transformation in a systematic way?
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz tactics and report on developing an effective Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz strategy.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Digital Transformation strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Do Digital Transformation rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are the short and long-term Digital Transformation goals?
Health technology Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Health technology quality and report on the economics of relationships managing Health technology and constraints.
Human society Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Human society tasks and separate what are the business goals Human society is aiming to achieve.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Digital Transformation experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Digital Transformation, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are our needs in relation to Digital Transformation skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
IBM PC Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IBM PC results and triple focus on important concepts of IBM PC relationship management.
– Will Digital Transformation have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we keep improving Digital Transformation?
Industrial Internet Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Industrial Internet projects and acquire concise Industrial Internet education.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Digital Transformation? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Will IoT or industrial internet-of-things (iiot) be another bubble?
– Do we have industrial internet-of-things (iiot) on our radar?
Industry 4.0 Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Industry 4.0 quality and oversee implementation of Industry 4.0.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Digital Transformation ?
– Who sets the Digital Transformation standards?
Information Age Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Information Age leadership and find answers.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Digital Transformation services/products?
– What are the long-term Digital Transformation goals?
– How much does Digital Transformation help?
Information revolution Critical Criteria:
Look at Information revolution tasks and revise understanding of Information revolution architectures.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Digital Transformation project?
– Are accountability and ownership for Digital Transformation clearly defined?
– Are assumptions made in Digital Transformation stated explicitly?
Information society Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Information society tasks and grade techniques for implementing Information society controls.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Digital Transformation workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are our Digital Transformation Processes?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Internet of Things adoptions and perfect Internet of Things conflict management.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– How are the actual assignments of roles and rules verified according to established security and auditing procedures?
– What was the projected and actual for each of the following: development time, development cost, and launch date?
– Computational offloading in mobile edge computing has a couple of challenges: how to split an IoT application?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How to re-issue the secrete key to the device again in case of key leakage to third party?
– What can a single chip embedded deep within a device do for the enterprise at large?
– Can the Contractor equipment be modified, and if so, by other Contractors?
– How can we integrate emerging M2M solutions in available platforms?
– What are the expectations regarding the protection of the data?
– How will IoT edge devices be monitored, managed and updated?
– Does the system evolve toward a stable mix of agent types?
– Is the data secured in accordance with FISMA requirements?
– What are our risks and challenges in implementing iiot?
– What market segment(s) are served by the company?
– Which applications and services will be expected?
– Do you need to address end-user safety concerns?
– How can the value of Digital Transformation be defined?
– How will IPv6 affect the internet of things?
– What is the identifier of a thing?
MIT Center for Digital Business Critical Criteria:
Have a session on MIT Center for Digital Business planning and display thorough understanding of the MIT Center for Digital Business process.
– How can you negotiate Digital Transformation successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is Digital Transformation dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How do we go about Comparing Digital Transformation approaches/solutions?
Machine to machine Critical Criteria:
Apply Machine to machine issues and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Machine to machine projects.
– For your Digital Transformation project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How is the value delivered by Digital Transformation being measured?
McKinsey & Company Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in McKinsey & Company leadership and catalog McKinsey & Company activities.
– Which customers cant participate in our Digital Transformation domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Digital Transformation goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do we have past Digital Transformation Successes?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Examine Performance management planning and track iterative Performance management results.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Digital Transformation into the services that we provide?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
– What will drive Digital Transformation change?
Social change Critical Criteria:
Infer Social change strategies and document what potential Social change megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How will you know that the Digital Transformation project has been successful?
World Economic Forum Critical Criteria:
Own World Economic Forum visions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure World Economic Forum is getting what it needs.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Digital Transformation agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do we all define Digital Transformation in the same way?
World Wide Web Critical Criteria:
Merge World Wide Web tactics and get answers.
– Is the Digital Transformation organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Digital Transformation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Digital Transformation External links:
Cloud Training That Drives Digital Transformation
Apple II External links:
GitHub – AppleWin/AppleWin: Apple II emulator for Windows
20 Facts about Apple on the Apple II’s 40th Anniversary
Apple II Enthusiasts Public Group | Facebook
Big data External links:
Event Hubs – Cloud big data solutions | Microsoft Azure
Big Data and Advanced Analytics Solutions | Microsoft Azure
Binary number External links:
C++ Program to Convert the given Binary number to …
Binary Number System – Math is Fun – Maths Resources
Binary Number Division Tutorial – YouTube
Digital Revolution External links:
What is the Digital Revolution? – Definition from Techopedia
Digital Single Market External links:
Cybersecurity | Digital Single Market
Digital Single Market – YouTube
Investment models | Digital Single Market
Digital technology External links:
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
We Believe | Spectrum Enterprise | Digital Technology
Dental IT Support | Digital Technology Partners
Digital transform External links:
Digital Transform – YouTube
Digital Transform (@atldgtltrnsfnug) | Twitter
Digital Transform by TimMG | VideoHive
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz External links:
Gottfried Wilhelm Von Leibniz | Facebook
[PDF]Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz – Collin College
http://iws.collin.edu/ebock/Scientists/More Scientists page 1/Leibniz-bio.pdf
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz – YouTube
Health technology External links:
[PDF]EXECUTIVE BRIEF Top 10 Health Technology …
Top 10 Health Technology Hazards for 2018
Health Technology Careers (Job Spotlight) | Johnson & …
IBM PC External links:
San Jose IBM PC Club Home Page
Brand NEW IBM PC AT + Model M! Unboxing & Setup [LGR]
LGR – Building a LEGO IBM PC! – YouTube
Industrial Internet External links:
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) – Accenture
IT vs. OT for the Industrial Internet – GlobalSign
Industrial Internet Insights – GE Digital
Industry 4.0 External links:
Industry 4.0 ThinkTank – Official Site
Industry 4.0 Summit – discover the 4th industrial revolution
Information Age External links:
Information age (Musical CD, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
The information age (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
About Information Age
Information revolution External links:
Information Revolution Timeline by Nick Stoffel on Prezi
Information revolution (Book, 1983) [WorldCat.org]
Information Revolution – Everything2.com
Information society External links:
The Information Society: Vol 34, No 1
Information Society – Walking Away – YouTube
INFORMATION SOCIETY – WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND – YouTube
Internet of Things External links:
Internet of Things Examples and Customer Stories | Microsoft
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
MIT Center for Digital Business External links:
George Westerman, MIT Center for Digital Business – …
Andrew McAfee, MIT Center for Digital Business – YouTube
MIT Center for Digital Business – MIT Sloan Experts Blog
Machine to machine External links:
Machine to Machine | Verizon Wireless
[PDF]AT&T M2M (Machine to Machine) Communications …
Verizon Machine to Machine
McKinsey & Company External links:
India | McKinsey & Company
Performance management External links:
Performance Management | Keeping the Right People | …
Performance Management | Home | Performance Culture
Continuous Performance Management Software | 15Five
Social change External links:
What is social change in sociology? | Reference.com
Corporate Philanthropy: Brand Value & Social Change
2018 Conference | Aging & Social Change Research …
World Economic Forum External links:
2018 World Economic Forum: 7 Key Takeaways from …
Davos 2018: Updates From the World Economic Forum
World Economic Forum – Official Site