What is involved in lean enterprise
Find out what the related areas are that lean enterprise connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a lean enterprise thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its lean enterprise journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward lean enterprise leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which lean enterprise related domains to cover and 94 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
lean enterprise, Agile Manifesto, Assembly line, Capital markets, Eiji Toyoda, Extreme programming, General Motors, Just-in-Time Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kiichiro Toyoda, Management fad, Mass production, Mergers and acquisitions, Motorola, Performance indicator, Six Sigma, Taichi Ohno, Toyota, Toyota Production System, Venture capital:
lean enterprise Critical Criteria:
Inquire about lean enterprise adoptions and cater for concise lean enterprise education.
– What are our best practices for minimizing lean enterprise project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the lean enterprise project lifecycle?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect lean enterprise workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the short and long-term lean enterprise goals?
Agile Manifesto Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Agile Manifesto quality and figure out ways to motivate other Agile Manifesto users.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of lean enterprise that make it risky?
– What does our Agile Manifesto say about dealing with risk?
Assembly line Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Assembly line planning and handle a jump-start course to Assembly line.
– How likely is the current lean enterprise plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What will drive lean enterprise change?
– What threat is lean enterprise addressing?
Capital markets Critical Criteria:
Boost Capital markets governance and drive action.
– The blockchain vision is clearly a massive change to the structure of capital markets. Why would the industry want to begin to go down this route?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations lean enterprise values?
– When a lean enterprise manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are our lean enterprise Processes?
Eiji Toyoda Critical Criteria:
Talk about Eiji Toyoda quality and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Eiji Toyoda.
– Does our organization need more lean enterprise education?
– How is the value delivered by lean enterprise being measured?
– What is Effective lean enterprise?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Value Extreme programming engagements and look in other fields.
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– Who sets the lean enterprise standards?
– How do we maintain lean enterprises Integrity?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
General Motors Critical Criteria:
Incorporate General Motors tactics and slay a dragon.
– What are the disruptive lean enterprise technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is there any existing lean enterprise governance structure?
Just-in-Time Manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Just-in-Time Manufacturing projects and find out what it really means.
– Does the lean enterprise task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the Essentials of Internal lean enterprise Management?
– Is the scope of lean enterprise defined?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Consider Kaizen goals and forecast involvement of future Kaizen projects in development.
– How do your measurements capture actionable lean enterprise information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting lean enterprise with what users do day-to-day?
– Do we have past lean enterprise Successes?
Kiichiro Toyoda Critical Criteria:
Dissect Kiichiro Toyoda tactics and define what our big hairy audacious Kiichiro Toyoda goal is.
– What is the purpose of lean enterprise in relation to the mission?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in lean enterprise?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of lean enterprise?
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Examine Management fad adoptions and balance specific methods for improving Management fad results.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to lean enterprise? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our lean enterprise agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do we monitor the lean enterprise decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Mass production Critical Criteria:
Study Mass production adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Mass production.
– Have the types of risks that may impact lean enterprise been identified and analyzed?
– Is lean enterprise Required?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Mergers and acquisitions quality and document what potential Mergers and acquisitions megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How much does lean enterprise help?
Motorola Critical Criteria:
Value Motorola leadership and balance specific methods for improving Motorola results.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed lean enterprise opportunities costing us money?
– Think of your lean enterprise project. what are the main functions?
– Do we all define lean enterprise in the same way?
Performance indicator Critical Criteria:
Check Performance indicator visions and forecast involvement of future Performance indicator projects in development.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your lean enterprise processes?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– What is the availability of and cost of internal Quality Assurance manpower necessary to monitor each performance indicator?
– To what extent did the results indicate that the program goals, objectives and performance indicators had been achieved?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– How does the proposed solution help measure each performance indicator?
– Have you identified your lean enterprise key performance indicators?
– What vendors make products that address the lean enterprise needs?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– How can skill-level changes improve lean enterprise?
– What are your performance indicators?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Map Six Sigma planning and proactively manage Six Sigma risks.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate lean enterprise delivery for example is new software needed?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
– How can the value of lean enterprise be defined?
Taichi Ohno Critical Criteria:
Participate in Taichi Ohno management and budget for Taichi Ohno challenges.
– Do those selected for the lean enterprise team have a good general understanding of what lean enterprise is all about?
– What are the Key enablers to make this lean enterprise move?
– How do we keep improving lean enterprise?
Toyota Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Toyota governance and devise Toyota key steps.
– Toyota is the role model and the most highly developed example of the potency of systems thinking and action learning in its broadest sense. but why, if the tps is so successful, is toyota along with its circle of suppliers still almost the lone manufacturing example?
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– What are our needs in relation to lean enterprise skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we go about Securing lean enterprise?
Toyota Production System Critical Criteria:
Survey Toyota Production System goals and stake your claim.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the lean enterprise process?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a lean enterprise project?
– How will you measure your lean enterprise effectiveness?
Venture capital Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Venture capital goals and overcome Venture capital skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent lean enterprise services/products?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as lean enterprise leaders?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the lean enterprise Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
lean enterprise External links:
Lean Enterprise (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Standard Work Process Study Sheet | Lean Enterprise …
From Lean Production to the Lean Enterprise
Agile Manifesto External links:
Agile Manifesto for Software Development | Agile Alliance
2. What are the Four Values of Agile Manifesto? – Antra
Principles behind the Agile Manifesto
Assembly line External links:
Assembly line | industrial engineering | Britannica.com
Some Lessons From The Assembly Line – Newsweek
RULE 1115 – MOTOR VEHICLE ASSEMBLY LINE COATING OPERATIONS
Capital markets External links:
Capital Markets Banc | Trade Like a Pro | CAPMB.com
CMC Funding – Capital Markets Cooperative
RCM – Login | Real Capital Markets
Eiji Toyoda External links:
Eiji Toyoda and Management Muda – lean.org
Extreme programming External links:
What is Extreme Programming (XP)? – Definition from Techo…
Extreme Programming Tutorial – tutorialspoint.com
“In this second edition of Extreme Programming Explained, Kent Beck organizes and presents five years’ worth of experiences, growth, and change revolving around XP.
General Motors External links:
General Motors | Official Global Site | GM.com
Careers with General Motors
Just-in-Time Manufacturing External links:
Just-In-Time Manufacturing – EBSCO Information Services
Just-in-time manufacturing | business | Britannica.com
Just-In-time manufacturing – Scribd
Kaizen External links:
Kaizen foam inserts for tool boxes and other cases
KAIZEN LEADER ONLINE CERTIFICATION – Acuity Institute
What Is Kaizen? | Graphic Products
Kiichiro Toyoda External links:
About: Kiichiro Toyoda – DBpedia
Kiichiro Toyoda – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Management fad External links:
Is ‘mindfulness’ just another management fad? | Fortune
Is / Was Six Sigma a management fad? – Quora
What is MANAGEMENT FAD? What does MANAGEMENT FAD …
Mass production External links:
What is mass production?
http://Mass Production is an American funk/disco musical group, best known for their 1979 hit, Firecracker. Based in Norfolk, Virginia, the ten-piece group had a series of minor R&B hits in the late 1970s and early 1980s.
Mass Production is an American funk/disco musical group, best known for their 1979 hit, Firecracker. Based in Norfolk, Virginia, the ten-piece group had a series of minor R&B hits in the late 1970s and early 1980s.
Mass Production – Firecracker!! – YouTube
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
Mergers and Acquisitions Insurance | AIG US
Motorola External links:
Motorola Online Login
Motorola Moto G | No Contract Smartphones –Consumer …
Transform your Moto Z Droid or Moto Z Force Droid in a snap with the Motorola Projector Moto Mod™. Free shipping available. Get it from Verizon.
Performance indicator External links:
What is a Key Performance Indicator (KPI)?
NRC: Performance Indicator Guidance
18 Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Examples Defined
Six Sigma External links:
Six Sigma Tools & Templates | iSixSigma
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
Six Sigma Certification, Six Sigma, 6 Sigma
Taichi Ohno External links:
Taichi Ohno Archives – IDR
Taichi Ohno | Facebook
Toyota External links:
Toyota Enterprise Security Service – Login
Beaverton Toyota | CLEAR – Complete Transparency
Southeast Toyota Finance
Toyota Production System External links:
Taiichi Ohno on the Toyota Production System – YouTube
Toyota Production System | Graphic Products
The Toyota Production System: What Does It Mean, And …
Venture capital External links:
the PVCA – Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association
FundRx | Healthcare and Life Science Venture Capital | FundRx
Arthur Ventures | Early Stage Venture Capital