What is involved in Network monitoring
Find out what the related areas are that Network monitoring connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Network monitoring thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Network monitoring journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Network monitoring leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Network monitoring related domains to cover and 108 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Network monitoring, Business service management, Check MK, Comparison of network monitoring systems, Computer and network surveillance, Computer network, Computer networks, Domain name system, End-to-end delay, File Transfer Protocol, High availability, HyperText Transfer Protocol, Internet Control Message Protocol, Internet Message Access Protocol, Intrusion detection system, Network Monitoring Interface Card, Network administrator, Network management, Network tap, Network tomography, Network traffic measurement, Post Office Protocol, Response time, Round-trip delay time, Route analytics, Secure Shell, Secure Sockets Layer, Session Initiation Protocol, Short Message Service, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Simple Network Management Protocol, System monitor, Transmission Control Protocol, User Datagram Protocol, Viavi Solutions, Vigilo NMS, Web server, Website monitoring:
Network monitoring Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Network monitoring projects and separate what are the business goals Network monitoring is aiming to achieve.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Network monitoring strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How to deal with Network monitoring Changes?
Business service management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Business service management strategies and interpret which customers can’t participate in Business service management because they lack skills.
– Is Network monitoring dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Network monitoring study?
– Are there recognized Network monitoring problems?
Check MK Critical Criteria:
Probe Check MK outcomes and secure Check MK creativity.
– What are the disruptive Network monitoring technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Network monitoring? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the barriers to increased Network monitoring production?
Comparison of network monitoring systems Critical Criteria:
Grade Comparison of network monitoring systems goals and research ways can we become the Comparison of network monitoring systems company that would put us out of business.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Network monitoring ?
– Think of your Network monitoring project. what are the main functions?
– What are the business goals Network monitoring is aiming to achieve?
Computer and network surveillance Critical Criteria:
Detail Computer and network surveillance adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Computer and network surveillance skills.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Network monitoring agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do we monitor the Network monitoring decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What threat is Network monitoring addressing?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Gauge Computer network failures and catalog what business benefits will Computer network goals deliver if achieved.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Network monitoring goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Computer networks Critical Criteria:
Coach on Computer networks quality and find answers.
– How do we know that any Network monitoring analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Network monitoring activities?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Network monitoring Management?
Domain name system Critical Criteria:
Investigate Domain name system leadership and get the big picture.
– In the case of a Network monitoring project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Network monitoring project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Network monitoring project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How likely is the current Network monitoring plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Does Network monitoring appropriately measure and monitor risk?
End-to-end delay Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze End-to-end delay governance and look in other fields.
– What is the purpose of Network monitoring in relation to the mission?
– What business benefits will Network monitoring goals deliver if achieved?
File Transfer Protocol Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate File Transfer Protocol quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of File Transfer Protocol.
– Can we add value to the current Network monitoring decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
High availability Critical Criteria:
Give examples of High availability projects and secure High availability creativity.
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is a Network monitoring Team Work effort in place?
– How do we keep improving Network monitoring?
HyperText Transfer Protocol Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in HyperText Transfer Protocol leadership and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging HyperText Transfer Protocol.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Network monitoring strengthening and reform actually originate?
Internet Control Message Protocol Critical Criteria:
Derive from Internet Control Message Protocol decisions and revise understanding of Internet Control Message Protocol architectures.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Network monitoring processes?
– Have all basic functions of Network monitoring been defined?
Internet Message Access Protocol Critical Criteria:
Dissect Internet Message Access Protocol projects and proactively manage Internet Message Access Protocol risks.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Network monitoring project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Network monitoring project lifecycle?
Intrusion detection system Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Intrusion detection system tasks and correct Intrusion detection system management by competencies.
– Can intrusion detection systems be configured to ignore activity that is generated by authorized scanner operation?
– What is a limitation of a server-based intrusion detection system (ids)?
– What are internal and external Network monitoring relations?
– How would one define Network monitoring leadership?
Network Monitoring Interface Card Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Network Monitoring Interface Card tasks and find out what it really means.
– Consider your own Network monitoring project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Is Network monitoring Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Network monitoring move?
Network administrator Critical Criteria:
Probe Network administrator adoptions and get answers.
– You work as a network administrator for mcrobert inc. the company has a tcp/ip-based network. which of the following information should be documented to facilitate disaster recovery?
– Does Network monitoring analysis show the relationships among important Network monitoring factors?
– Do we all define Network monitoring in the same way?
– How do we Lead with Network monitoring in Mind?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Examine Network management management and separate what are the business goals Network management is aiming to achieve.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Network monitoring experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– To what extent does management recognize Network monitoring as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we go about Comparing Network monitoring approaches/solutions?
Network tap Critical Criteria:
Track Network tap failures and display thorough understanding of the Network tap process.
Network tomography Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Network tomography tasks and explore and align the progress in Network tomography.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Network monitoring process?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Network monitoring moving forward?
– Are there Network monitoring Models?
Network traffic measurement Critical Criteria:
Think about Network traffic measurement tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Network traffic measurement services.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Network monitoring project?
Post Office Protocol Critical Criteria:
Track Post Office Protocol issues and raise human resource and employment practices for Post Office Protocol.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Network monitoring opportunities costing us money?
– Why should we adopt a Network monitoring framework?
– How do we go about Securing Network monitoring?
Response time Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Response time tasks and assess what counts with Response time that we are not counting.
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– Does one expect an improvement in availability or response times that will result in increased user satisfaction?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Network monitoring process?
– Is Network monitoring Required?
Round-trip delay time Critical Criteria:
Learn from Round-trip delay time outcomes and catalog Round-trip delay time activities.
Route analytics Critical Criteria:
Coach on Route analytics tasks and define Route analytics competency-based leadership.
– Is maximizing Network monitoring protection the same as minimizing Network monitoring loss?
– How do we Improve Network monitoring service perception, and satisfaction?
– How much does Network monitoring help?
Secure Shell Critical Criteria:
Frame Secure Shell outcomes and intervene in Secure Shell processes and leadership.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Network monitoring project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Network monitoring information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Secure Sockets Layer Critical Criteria:
Pilot Secure Sockets Layer engagements and develop and take control of the Secure Sockets Layer initiative.
– How will you know that the Network monitoring project has been successful?
– Will Network monitoring deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Session Initiation Protocol Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Session Initiation Protocol governance and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Session Initiation Protocol projects.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Network monitoring activities?
Short Message Service Critical Criteria:
Look at Short Message Service governance and define Short Message Service competency-based leadership.
– Is there any existing Network monitoring governance structure?
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Simple Mail Transfer Protocol engagements and check on ways to get started with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.
– What is the source of the strategies for Network monitoring strengthening and reform?
– Who will provide the final approval of Network monitoring deliverables?
Simple Network Management Protocol Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Simple Network Management Protocol goals and balance specific methods for improving Simple Network Management Protocol results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Network monitoring into the services that we provide?
– Who sets the Network monitoring standards?
System monitor Critical Criteria:
Consolidate System monitor management and find out.
– Will Network monitoring have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Transmission Control Protocol Critical Criteria:
Analyze Transmission Control Protocol decisions and revise understanding of Transmission Control Protocol architectures.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Network monitoring processes?
– What is our Network monitoring Strategy?
User Datagram Protocol Critical Criteria:
Categorize User Datagram Protocol tasks and correct better engagement with User Datagram Protocol results.
Viavi Solutions Critical Criteria:
Discourse Viavi Solutions engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do we have past Network monitoring Successes?
Vigilo NMS Critical Criteria:
Explore Vigilo NMS outcomes and oversee implementation of Vigilo NMS.
– When a Network monitoring manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What is Effective Network monitoring?
Web server Critical Criteria:
Add value to Web server visions and report on the economics of relationships managing Web server and constraints.
– Are web servers located on a publicly reachable network segment separated from the internal network by a firewall (dmz)?
– Think about the functions involved in your Network monitoring project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– How to Secure Network monitoring?
Website monitoring Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Website monitoring management and assess and formulate effective operational and Website monitoring strategies.
– Among the Network monitoring product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does Network monitoring analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Network monitoring Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Network monitoring External links:
APCON Intelligent Network Monitoring
Network monitoring software – PRTG | Paessler
File Transfer and Network Monitoring Resources – Ipswitch
Business service management External links:
Business Service Management(BSM) Solutions – Wipro
HP Business Service Management (BSM) Overview – …
Login – HP Business Service Management
Check MK External links:
Check MK – Official Site
Comparison of network monitoring systems External links:
Comparison of network monitoring systems | Speedy …
Comparison of network monitoring systems |THWACK
Computer and network surveillance External links:
Computer and network surveillance | The Meaning
Computer and network surveillance – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Computer and network surveillance
Computer network External links:
Remote services, computer network, PC Health Check – …
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Computer networks External links:
Causes of Lag on Computer Networks and Online – Lifewire
Computer Networks Exam 2 Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer Networks: Crash Course Computer Science #28 – …
Domain name system External links:
What Is DNS?: Domain Name System(DNS)
SixEleven Coin – Blockchain Domain Name System
[PDF]Secure Domain Name System (DNS) Deployment Guide
End-to-end delay External links:
What is the difference between end-to-end delay and …
File Transfer Protocol External links:
File Transfer Protocol Application – Redirect
What is File Transfer Protocol – FTP | Serv-U
High availability External links:
High Availability Replication Software | EVault & DoubleTake
HyperText Transfer Protocol External links:
HTTP – Hypertext Transfer Protocol Overview
Internet Control Message Protocol External links:
Internet Control Message Protocol – technet.microsoft.com
Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) Parameters
ICMP and ICMPv6 – Internet Control Message Protocol – …
Internet Message Access Protocol External links:
Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) Capabilities …
Internet Message Access Protocol, v.4 (IMAP4)
Intrusion detection system External links:
Intrusion Detection System Design and Installation
Network administrator External links:
Network Administrator – Job Description and Facts
Network Administrator, IT Salary – PayScale
MOS 0631 Network Administrator – United States Navy
Network management External links:
OSPINSIGHT – Fiber Optic Network Management
APC UPS Network Management Card (NMC) Compatibility …
Download Free Network Management & Free Network …
Network tap External links:
Buy Dualcomm 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Network TAP: Switches – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
Port Mirror vs Network Tap – ntop
Network Tap, Regenerator Taps, and Tap Aggregators | Ixia
Network tomography External links:
Patent US6839754 – Network tomography using closely …
Network Tomography | Network Monitoring | NetBeez
Network traffic measurement External links:
Network Traffic Measurement and Analysis Conference – …
Post Office Protocol External links:
Post Office Protocol
http://In computing, the Post Office Protocol (POP) is an application-layer Internet standard protocol used by local e-mail clients to retrieve e-mail from a remote server over a TCP/IP connection. POP has been developed through several versions, with version 3 (POP3) being the current standard.
POP – Post Office Protocol – YouTube
What is Post Office Protocol (POP)? Webopedia Definition
Response time External links:
Bitcatcha – Speed Test Your Website Server (Response Time)
Thermocouple Response Time – OMEGA Engineering
What Is An Appropriate Response Time To Email?
Round-trip delay time External links:
Round-trip delay time – YouTube
Secure Shell External links:
sharpSsh – A Secure Shell (SSH) library for .NET – CodeProject
http://www.codeproject.com › … › Internet / Network › Network
What is Secure Shell (SSH)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
[PPT]Secure Shell – SSH
Secure Sockets Layer External links:
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) – HE FAQ
What Is SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)? | DigiCert.com
INET Error code 0x800c0019L. The Secure Sockets Layer …
Session Initiation Protocol External links:
Session Initiation Protocol | Android Developers
Short Message Service External links:
Nokia old short message service (sms) tone 1 – YouTube
Short Message Service (SMS) Message Format
What is SMS – Short Message Service? Webopedia Definition
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol External links:
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) Enhanced Status …
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) Relay – CDT Services
What is the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)?
Simple Network Management Protocol External links:
What Is SNMP?: Simple Network Management Protocol …
Simple Network Management Protocol—SNMP—A Quick …
System monitor External links:
Start System Monitor (Windows) – msdn.microsoft.com
System monitor and service status | Barclays
The Best System Monitor for iPhone
Transmission Control Protocol External links:
Transmission Control Protocol – technet.microsoft.com
TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) Explained – Lifewire
User Datagram Protocol External links:
User Datagram Protocol (UDP) – Techopedia.com
Wireshark · Display Filter Reference: User Datagram Protocol
UDP (User Datagram Protocol) Definition – Lifewire
Viavi Solutions External links:
Software Downloads and Updates | VIAVI Solutions Inc.
VIAVI Solutions Inc. – Home
Viavi Solutions – VIAV – Stock Price & News | The Motley Fool
Web server External links:
What is Apache? – What is a Web Server? – WPBeginner
How to Make a Raspberry Pi Web Server | DIY Hacking
What is Web server? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Website monitoring External links:
Uptrends – Website Monitoring and Web Performance …
Evidon | Website Monitoring Platform