What is involved in Agile Unified Process
Find out what the related areas are that Agile Unified Process connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile Unified Process thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile Unified Process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile Unified Process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile Unified Process related domains to cover and 98 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile Unified Process, Agile modeling, Agile software development, Configuration Management, Database refactoring, Disciplined agile delivery, Enterprise Unified Process, Project Management, Rational Unified Process, Test-driven development, Unified Process, Unit testing:
Agile Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Map Agile Unified Process failures and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Agile Unified Process?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Agile Unified Process delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is the scope of Agile Unified Process defined?
Agile modeling Critical Criteria:
Systematize Agile modeling projects and devote time assessing Agile modeling and its risk.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Agile Unified Process values?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Agile Unified Process forward?
– What is our Agile Unified Process Strategy?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Understand Agile software development results and overcome Agile software development skills and management ineffectiveness.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– What are some keys to successfully conquering ever changing business requirements?
– What if any is the difference between Lean and Agile Software Development?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– What scaling factors should we consider when tailoring our approach?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– How Agile are Industrial Software Development Practices?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– What is our Agile methodology?
– What makes agile better?
Configuration Management Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Configuration Management quality and shift your focus.
– Is an asset management process(es) in place to inventory and manage this new asset (investment) from a property management perspective, to provide Configuration Management support, and to monitor system performance?
– Are physical configuration assessments conducted to determine the degree of agreement between the current physical configuration and the configuration depicted in the facility documentation?
– Will the change significantly degrade safety or negatively impact adequate protection of workers, the environment, or the public?
– A virtual local area network (vlan) is a physical grouping of network devices within a larger network. true or false?
– What is the main difference between a cmdb (Configuration Management database) and a typical asset register?
– What do you do when you find a build error in some other code that is related to your changes?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Agile Unified Process project?
– How do engineering changes interface with the configuration management process?
– Has a post-implementation assessment of your CM Program been conducted?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– Is the correct versions of the compiler and other tools specified?
– Are periodic effectiveness assessments done on your cm program?
– Why implement a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Do the benefits of the change warrant the costs?
– How many reported faults for version y?
– What do we do in regression testing?
– What is the last mile connectioin?
– Independent verification complete?
– When was change implemented?
– What work is involved?
Database refactoring Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Database refactoring strategies and balance specific methods for improving Database refactoring results.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Agile Unified Process project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Agile Unified Process project lifecycle?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Agile Unified Process requirements in detail?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Agile Unified Process Management?
Disciplined agile delivery Critical Criteria:
Guard Disciplined agile delivery visions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Disciplined agile delivery skills.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Agile Unified Process workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Agile Unified Process? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How important is Agile Unified Process to the user organizations mission?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Depict Enterprise Unified Process management and find the essential reading for Enterprise Unified Process researchers.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Agile Unified Process process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Agile Unified Process process available?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Agile Unified Process with what users do day-to-day?
– Is the Agile Unified Process organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Project Management Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Project Management planning and look for lots of ideas.
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What did you accomplish yesterday, what will you do today, and what impediments are getting in your way?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– What is the Technical aspect of Project Management?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– When does a project begin and end?
Rational Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Consult on Rational Unified Process strategies and optimize Rational Unified Process leadership as a key to advancement.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Agile Unified Process moving forward?
– Which Agile Unified Process goals are the most important?
Test-driven development Critical Criteria:
Discourse Test-driven development projects and cater for concise Test-driven development education.
– What are the barriers to increased Agile Unified Process production?
– How will you measure your Agile Unified Process effectiveness?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Investigate Unified Process management and shift your focus.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Agile Unified Process process?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Agile Unified Process study?
– How can the value of Agile Unified Process be defined?
Unit testing Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Unit testing results and devote time assessing Unit testing and its risk.
– Does our organization need more Agile Unified Process education?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile Unified Process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile Unified Process External links:
The Life Cycle of the Agile Unified Process – YouTube
What is AGILE UNIFIED PROCESS? What does AGILE …
The Agile Unified Process (AUP) – Methods & Tools
Agile modeling External links:
Keys to the Successful Adoption of Agile Modeling – Smartsheet
[PDF]Agile Modeling with the UML – arxiv.org
Feature Driven Development (FDD) and Agile Modeling
Agile software development External links:
Scrum Overview: Agile Software Development
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
RoleModel Software – Custom Agile Software Development
Configuration Management External links:
Configuration Management | IpX
Database refactoring External links:
Liquibase | Database Refactoring | Command line
Disciplined agile delivery External links:
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Google+
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Meetup
Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) – YouTube
Project Management External links:
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Project Management Institute – Official Site
Rational Unified Process External links:
A Manager’s Introduction to the Rational Unified Process (RUP)
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia Definition
When should we use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
Test-driven development External links:
Test-Driven Development | Codecademy
Unified Process External links:
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia Definition
Unified Process Life Cycle Flashcards | Quizlet
The Four Phases | Overview of the Unified Process | InformIT
Unit testing External links:
Unit Testing – Software Testing Fundamentals
Unit Testing Tutorial: 6 Best Practices to Get Up To Speed
What is Unit Testing? | Agile Alliance