What is involved in Data Management
Find out what the related areas are that Data Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Metadata Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Metadata Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data Management related domains to cover and 406 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data Management, Data mart, Marketing operations, Data warehouse, Data curation, Data retention, ERP software, Management fad, Big data, Metadata discovery, Information management, Digital preservation, Controlled vocabulary, Customer data integration, Database management system, Data asset, Data quality assurance, Metadata registry, Database administration, Reference data, Identity theft, Enterprise architecture, Document management, Business intelligence, Information repository, Data maintenance, Machine-Readable Documents, Extract, transform, load, Data architecture, Data enrichment, Hierarchical storage management, Business continuity planning, Information ladder, Data theft, Data mining, Solution stack, Data analysis, Data Management, Information design, Knowledge management, Metadata publishing, Data steward, Enterprise content management, Data processing, Computer data storage, Data governance, Competence Center Corporate Data Quality, Data erasure, Information system, Data security, Data integrity, Process Management, Data quality, Identity management, Open data, Data integration, Records management, Postal code, Email address, Information Lifecycle Management, Random access, Performance report, Data privacy, Master data management, Information architecture, Relational database, Document management system, Data proliferation, System integration, Telephone number, Corporate Data Quality Management:
Data Management Critical Criteria:
Judge Data Management strategies and maintain Data Management for success.
– Are the data and associated software produced and/or used in the project accessible and in what modalities, scope, licenses (e.g. licencing framework for research and education, embargo periods, commercial exploitation, etc.)?
– Have you evaluated potential legal concerns associated with outsourcing Data Management to a cloud provider?
– Are there any data with intellectual property (e.g., patent, copyright) concerns with sharing?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– What metadata are needed to make the data you capture or collect meaningful?
– What is your long-term plan for preservation and maintenance of the data?
– File availability is the assigned external file available?
– Version check is the correct property version available?
– Where will the data and data management plan be stored?
– Are there access restrictions that must be enforced?
– Is qa/qc occurring throughout the data lifecycle?
– How do you make your data meaningful to others?
– Who is responsible for creating the metadata?
– How is good Data Management achieved?
– How long should data be maintained?
– How will you manage data security?
– Why is data management important?
– Who s requiring data management?
– Who will work with PDM systems?
– Who paid for the data?
Data mart Critical Criteria:
Devise Data mart failures and define what our big hairy audacious Data mart goal is.
– Do we monitor the Data Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is the Data Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– How do we maintain Data Managements Integrity?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Learn from Marketing operations quality and know what your objective is.
– In what ways are Data Management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Who will provide the final approval of Data Management deliverables?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Pilot Data warehouse failures and tour deciding if Data warehouse progress is made.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
Data curation Critical Criteria:
Align Data curation quality and slay a dragon.
– What are the disruptive Data Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Data Management objectives?
– Is Data Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Data retention Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Data retention issues and oversee Data retention management by competencies.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Data Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Think about ERP software adoptions and get the big picture.
– How do we Identify specific Data Management investment and emerging trends?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– What are the short and long-term Data Management goals?
– Why should we adopt a Data Management framework?
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Guard Management fad adoptions and report on developing an effective Management fad strategy.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data Management forward?
– To what extent does management recognize Data Management as a tool to increase the results?
– Is a Data Management Team Work effort in place?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Categorize Big data tasks and describe the risks of Big data sustainability.
– From all the data collected by your organization, what is approximately the percentage that is further processed for value generation?
– Does your organization have the right tools to handle unstructured data expressed in (a) natural language(s)?
– Should we use data without the permission of individual owners, such as copying publicly available data?
– The real challenge: are you willing to get better value and more innovation for some loss of privacy?
– In which way does big data create, or is expected to create, value in the organization?
– What new definitions are needed to describe elements of new Big Data solutions?
– How are the new Big Data developments captured in new Reference Architectures?
– What new Security and Privacy challenge arise from new Big Data solutions?
– What is the right technique for distributing domains across processors?
– Does your organization have the necessary skills to handle big data?
– Which other Oracle products are used in your solution?
– Are our Big Data investment programs results driven?
– How to model context in a computational environment?
– Is our data collection and acquisition optimized?
– Wait, DevOps does not apply to Big Data?
– WHAT ARE THE NOMINATION CRITERIA?
– what is Different about Big Data?
– What s limiting the task?
Metadata discovery Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Metadata discovery tactics and catalog what business benefits will Metadata discovery goals deliver if achieved.
– What is the source of the strategies for Data Management strengthening and reform?
– What vendors make products that address the Data Management needs?
– How can you measure Data Management in a systematic way?
Information management Critical Criteria:
Own Information management tasks and define what do we need to start doing with Information management.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Data Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
Digital preservation Critical Criteria:
Graph Digital preservation visions and innovate what needs to be done with Digital preservation.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Data Management is underway?
– Why is Data Management important for you now?
– Is Data Management Required?
Controlled vocabulary Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Controlled vocabulary results and grade techniques for implementing Controlled vocabulary controls.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Data Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Data Management move?
– How can skill-level changes improve Data Management?
Customer data integration Critical Criteria:
Discourse Customer data integration risks and catalog what business benefits will Customer data integration goals deliver if achieved.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Data Management process?
– Do those selected for the Data Management team have a good general understanding of what Data Management is all about?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Data Management ?
Database management system Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Database management system visions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Database management system projects.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Data Management project?
– How do we Improve Data Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– What database management systems have been implemented?
Data asset Critical Criteria:
Confer over Data asset tasks and integrate design thinking in Data asset innovation.
– Can we add value to the current Data Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Is there a catalog of all data assets that will be used or stored in the cloud environment?
– What are our needs in relation to Data Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Data quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Guard Data quality assurance failures and differentiate in coordinating Data quality assurance.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Data Management process?
– How to Secure Data Management?
Metadata registry Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Metadata registry issues and oversee Metadata registry requirements.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Data Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What is the purpose of Data Management in relation to the mission?
– Is the scope of Data Management defined?
Database administration Critical Criteria:
Understand Database administration engagements and plan concise Database administration education.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– Think about the functions involved in your Data Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are our disaster recovery goal prioritazations? Do we want to get the system up as quickly as possible?
– When a Data Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Who should be called in case of Disaster Recovery?
Reference data Critical Criteria:
Graph Reference data tasks and finalize specific methods for Reference data acceptance.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Data Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the business goals Data Management is aiming to achieve?
Identity theft Critical Criteria:
Generalize Identity theft issues and cater for concise Identity theft education.
– Identity theft could also be an inside job. Employees at big companies that host e-mail services have physical access to e-mail accounts. How do you know nobodys reading it?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Data Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How will you know that the Data Management project has been successful?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Define Enterprise architecture engagements and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Enterprise architecture.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Data Management processes?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What are the long-term Data Management goals?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– How do we Lead with Data Management in Mind?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Document management Critical Criteria:
Shape Document management strategies and slay a dragon.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data Management process available?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Data Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Data Management activities?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Business intelligence decisions and gather Business intelligence models .
– What information can be provided in regards to a sites usage and business intelligence usage within the intranet environment?
– Are NoSQL databases used primarily for applications or are they used in Business Intelligence use cases as well?
– Does your bi solution require weeks of training before new users can analyze data and publish dashboards?
– Do we have trusted vendors to guide us through the process of adopting business intelligence systems?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– Why does animosity endure between IT and business when it comes to business intelligence?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What is the difference between a data scientist and a business intelligence analyst?
– Does your BI solution help you find the right views to examine your data?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Technical Administrators?
– Does your client support bi-directional functionality with mapping?
– What are some of the hidden costs associated with BI initiatives?
– Is your software easy for IT to manage and upgrade?
– What is the future of BI Score cards KPI etc?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– What is required to present video images?
– Describe any training materials offered?
– How can we maximize our BI investments?
– Why do we need business intelligence?
– Do you support video integration?
Information repository Critical Criteria:
Guide Information repository leadership and triple focus on important concepts of Information repository relationship management.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Data Management agendas for the next 3 years?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Data Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are there recognized Data Management problems?
Data maintenance Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Data maintenance strategies and finalize the present value of growth of Data maintenance.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Data Management effort?
– Are there Data Management Models?
Machine-Readable Documents Critical Criteria:
Read up on Machine-Readable Documents tasks and summarize a clear Machine-Readable Documents focus.
– For your Data Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Think of your Data Management project. what are the main functions?
Extract, transform, load Critical Criteria:
Face Extract, transform, load tasks and integrate design thinking in Extract, transform, load innovation.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Data Management activities?
– What is our formula for success in Data Management ?
– Have all basic functions of Data Management been defined?
Data architecture Critical Criteria:
Adapt Data architecture risks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Data architecture.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
– Will Data Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Does our organization need more Data Management education?
– What are specific Data Management Rules to follow?
Data enrichment Critical Criteria:
Investigate Data enrichment issues and assess what counts with Data enrichment that we are not counting.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Data Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Data Management that make it risky?
– How do we manage Data Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
Hierarchical storage management Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Hierarchical storage management projects and document what potential Hierarchical storage management megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Which customers cant participate in our Data Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Which Data Management goals are the most important?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Business continuity planning planning and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Business continuity planning results.
– Think about the people you identified for your Data Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does Data Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we know that any Data Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
Information ladder Critical Criteria:
Check Information ladder engagements and assess and formulate effective operational and Information ladder strategies.
– Do Data Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How to deal with Data Management Changes?
Data theft Critical Criteria:
Look at Data theft issues and summarize a clear Data theft focus.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Data Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– In a project to restructure Data Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data Management study?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Data mining leadership and integrate design thinking in Data mining innovation.
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Do the Data Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Solution stack Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Solution stack issues and budget for Solution stack challenges.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Data Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Data Management project lifecycle?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Data Management services/products?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Data Management opportunities costing us money?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Value Data analysis outcomes and separate what are the business goals Data analysis is aiming to achieve.
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
– Do we have past Data Management Successes?
Data Management Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Data Management management and find the ideas you already have.
– In situations where data can never be released or shared, what explanation or justification should be provided for not sharing data?
– How to keep the information needed to operate and maintain a product aligned with the changing product over its life cycle?
– If you are obtaining data from an outside source, will you be able to store a local copy of the data?
– What is the format of the information and what form does it need to be stored in?
– How will non-digital data be preserved, such as field notebooks and maps?
– Are the data relevant to the strategic planning needs of the company?
– What process should be followed to gain future access to your data?
– How long will/should data be kept beyond the life of the project?
– If existing data are used, what are its origins?
– Who has access to the data and in what manner?
– Who is responsible for updating the metadata?
– What data is generated by your organization?
– What data will be included in an archive?
– What products do you want me to support?
– How should data be cited when used?
– What Is Master Data Management?
– How long will backups be kept?
– What is data governance?
– What is it?
Information design Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Information design visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Information design.
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– Are accountability and ownership for Data Management clearly defined?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Review Knowledge management visions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– What are internal and external Data Management relations?
– Who needs to know about Data Management ?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Metadata publishing Critical Criteria:
Gauge Metadata publishing issues and improve Metadata publishing service perception.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Data Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How would one define Data Management leadership?
Data steward Critical Criteria:
Coach on Data steward visions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Data steward skills.
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– What business benefits will Data Management goals deliver if achieved?
– Other data stewards?
Enterprise content management Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Enterprise content management risks and document what potential Enterprise content management megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Consider Data processing decisions and perfect Data processing conflict management.
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Data Management?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Data Management?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
Computer data storage Critical Criteria:
Participate in Computer data storage results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Computer data storage.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Data Management with what users do day-to-day?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Data governance decisions and create Data governance explanations for all managers.
– When sharing data, are appropriate procedures, such as sharing agreements, put in place to ensure that any Personally identifiable information remains strictly confidential and protected from unauthorized disclosure?
– Is there an existing data element or combination of data elements that can answer the same question that the proposed new data element is meant to address?
– Have mechanisms been put in place to de-identify data whenever possible(e.g.,by removing all direct and indirect identifiers)?
– Is the requested data for a project that supports the goals and mission of our organization and benefits our clients?
– Is collecting this data element the most efficient way to influence practice, policy, or research?
– What technical specifications should we build into our infrastructure to produce quality data?
– What will be the data governance mechanisms (i.e. how will decisions be made and monitored)?
– What if youre still trying to create collections of policies, rules, and data definitions?
– How can access to your enterprise databases be protected, monitored and audited?
– How can your data be protected from both authorized and unauthorized access?
– Do new candidates write code during their interview?
– Establishing an end-to-end data governance process?
– What are the key objectives of your organization?
– How will we use the data that is collected?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
– Is the data confidential or protected?
– What was the project manager best at?
– Who are your organizations customers?
– What is your organizations purpose?
– Can Data Quality be improved?
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Competence Center Corporate Data Quality management and find the essential reading for Competence Center Corporate Data Quality researchers.
– What is our Data Management Strategy?
Data erasure Critical Criteria:
Look at Data erasure tactics and proactively manage Data erasure risks.
– Can we do Data Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How do we go about Comparing Data Management approaches/solutions?
Information system Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Information system risks and remodel and develop an effective Information system strategy.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Data Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Consider your own Data Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– What are the principal business applications (i.e. information systems available from staff PC desktops)?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– How secure -well protected against potential risks is the information system ?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– Is authorized user access to information systems ensured?
– How are our information systems developed ?
Data security Critical Criteria:
Grade Data security management and remodel and develop an effective Data security strategy.
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are the minimum data security requirements for a database containing personal financial transaction records?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Data Management, including any consulting or professional services?
– Do these concerns about data security negate the value of storage-as-a-service in the cloud?
– How likely is the current Data Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– So, what should you do to mitigate these risks to data security?
– Does it contain data security obligations?
– What is Data Security at Physical Layer?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
Data integrity Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Data integrity governance and find the ideas you already have.
– Integrity/availability/confidentiality: How are data integrity, availability, and confidentiality maintained in the cloud?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Data Management been identified and analyzed?
– Can we rely on the Data Integrity?
– Data Integrity, Is it SAP created?
– Are we Assessing Data Management and Risk?
Process Management Critical Criteria:
Categorize Process Management results and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Process Management services.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Does Data Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Use past Data quality engagements and reduce Data quality costs.
– Were changes made during the file extract period to how the data are processed, such as changes to mode of data collection, changes to instructions for completing the application form, changes to the edit, changes to classification codes, or changes to the query system used to retrieve the data?
– Does sufficient documentation exist on implementing partner activities commensurate with the level of upstream support that is being claimed?
– Information on verification or evidence for the value and accuracy how can I check the value or have a confidence in it?
– What should I do if none of my candidate designs will generate data that satisfy my performance or acceptance criteria?
– What issues should you consider when determining whether existing data may possibly serve as a source of information?
– Are data timely enough to influence management decision-making (i.e., in terms of frequency and currency)?
– At all levels at which data are aggregated, are procedures in place to reconcile discrepancies in reports?
– Can you be reasonably sure that the same set of data will be available to you next year?
– what is the difference between a field duplicate and a field split?
– Can you get full access to the data that you would like to use?
– Has management performed regular Data Quality assessments?
– What is the proportion of missing values for each field?
– Does the database contain what you think it contains?
– Are we Implementing enterprise-wide Data Quality?
– Completeness: is all necessary data present?
– How do you determine the quality of data?
– How good does data have to be?
– What makes up a good record?
– Is data flagged correctly?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Guide Identity management quality and customize techniques for implementing Identity management controls.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Data Management processes?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Open data Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Open data adoptions and track iterative Open data results.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Data Management project?
– How can the value of Data Management be defined?
– Are there Data Management problems defined?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Grade Data integration projects and develop and take control of the Data integration initiative.
– what is the best design framework for Data Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Records management goals and devise Records management key steps.
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– What are our Data Management Processes?
Postal code Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Postal code tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Postal code.
– Are assumptions made in Data Management stated explicitly?
Email address Critical Criteria:
Administer Email address adoptions and customize techniques for implementing Email address controls.
– In CRM we keep record of email addresses and phone numbers of our customers employees. Will we now need to ask for explicit permission to store them?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Data Management processes?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– Are a customers business phone number; business email address and business IP address also considered to be personal data?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
– How will you measure your Data Management effectiveness?
Information Lifecycle Management Critical Criteria:
Guard Information Lifecycle Management leadership and oversee Information Lifecycle Management management by competencies.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Data Management in a volatile global economy?
– What are current Data Management Paradigms?
Random access Critical Criteria:
Start Random access outcomes and transcribe Random access as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Is Supporting Data Management documentation required?
Performance report Critical Criteria:
Analyze Performance report strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for Performance report.
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
Data privacy Critical Criteria:
Steer Data privacy issues and work towards be a leading Data privacy expert.
– In the case of a Data Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Data Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Data Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– Will the GDPR set up a one-stop-shop for data privacy regulation?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Master data management tasks and grade techniques for implementing Master data management controls.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Data Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Map Information architecture projects and change contexts.
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– Are the appropriate metadata standards including those for encoding and transmission of metadata information established?
– Are we using ontology standards such as OWL and RDF in our information architecture or data management practices?
– What do you find are the main obstacles to getting people to appreciate the value of information architecture?
– Is there a mechanism to analyze related information based on information semantics?
– Has the usage analysis been performed for the information that will be generated?
– Does your site have enough content to merit the use of a search engine?
– How would you use mathematica to study information architecture?
– Are the reliability requirements for the information determined?
– What are the differences in designing a web app vs a website?
– How to judge when enough information has been gathered?
– Have the interoperability requirements been evaluated?
– What is the security model for information access?
– When should a new level in the hierarchy be added?
– Why is information architecture important for seo?
– How should items (nodes) be related (linked)?
– Can the content be divided into sections?
– Has autocategorization been considered?
– Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
– Why not the Amazon model ?
Relational database Critical Criteria:
Confer re Relational database governance and get going.
– Why are Data Management skills important?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Judge Document management system tasks and intervene in Document management system processes and leadership.
Data proliferation Critical Criteria:
Unify Data proliferation tasks and tour deciding if Data proliferation progress is made.
System integration Critical Criteria:
Probe System integration results and visualize why should people listen to you regarding System integration.
– Is Data Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
– How do we go about Securing Data Management?
Telephone number Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Telephone number tactics and attract Telephone number skills.
Corporate Data Quality Management Critical Criteria:
Confer over Corporate Data Quality Management leadership and observe effective Corporate Data Quality Management.
– What about Data Management Analysis of results?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Metadata Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data Management External links:
Spirion – Sensitive Data Management
What is data management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Pursuant Health – Population Health Data Management
Data mart External links:
Data Warehouse vs Data Mart | Datamartist.com
MPR Data Mart
[PDF]Institutional Research Data Mart: Instructor Guide …
Marketing operations External links:
Aprimo Marketing Operations
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Marketing Operations – Aprimo
Data warehouse External links:
Title Data Warehouse Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Data Warehouse – Utility’s Smart Grid Clearinghouse
http://smartgrid.epri.com/UseCases/DW – Utility DOE SG Clearhouse_ph2add.pdf
Title 2 Data Warehouse – Data.gov
Data curation External links:
[1612.03277v1] Data Curation APIs – arxiv.org
Data Curation – The Hyve – Extract, Transform & Load
What is data curation? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data retention External links:
[DOC]Data Retention Policy – hr.waddell.com
Data Retention – AbeBooks
ERP software External links:
Deacom, Inc. | ERP Software for Manufacturers and …
ERP Software | Epicor ERP
Munis Software | Financial ERP Software | Tyler Technologies
Management fad External links:
Is ‘mindfulness’ just another management fad? | Fortune
Is / Was Six Sigma a management fad? – Quora
What is MANAGEMENT FAD? What does MANAGEMENT …
Big data External links:
Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics Software
ZestFinance.com: Machine Learning & Big Data Underwriting
Databricks – Making Big Data Simple
Metadata discovery External links:
Metadata discovery – Revolvy
Information management External links:
Health Information Management (HIM) Education and Training
Association for Title Information Management – Home | …
Digital preservation External links:
Digital Preservation | govinfo
Archivematica: open-source digital preservation system
Home | The Digital Preservation Network
Controlled vocabulary External links:
Controlled Vocabulary Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
I Can Read It! Books | Controlled Vocabulary Books | Sonlight
What Is A Controlled Vocabulary? – Boxes and Arrows
Customer data integration External links:
Data Processing & Customer Data Integration (CDI) | Merkle
Customer Data Integration – Just another Tamr Inc. Sites site
Customer Data Integration | CDI | MuleSoft
Database management system External links:
Database Management System (DBMS) – Techopedia.com
ChurchSuite – Church Database Management System
Data asset External links:
Our Data Asset | JPMorgan Chase Institute
A data asset may be a system or application output file, database, document, or Web page. A data asset also includes a service that may be provided to access data from an application. For example, a service that returns individual records from a database would be a data asset.
Data quality assurance External links:
Data Quality Assurance Solutions – ObservePoint
What is Data Quality Assurance? (with picture) – wiseGEEK
Database administration External links:
What is Database Administration? – Definition from Techopedia
Reference data External links:
Fiscal Service Financial Reference Data – TAS-BETCs
Reference data (Computer file, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
NJDOT Reference Data – New Jersey
Identity theft External links:
Land Title: Identity Theft
[PDF]Identity Theft and Your Social Security Number
Identity Theft | Consumer Information
Enterprise architecture External links:
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
Enterprise Architecture – EA – Gartner IT Glossary
Document management External links:
What is Document Management? – DocuVantage
Document Management Incorporated :: Motor Vehicle …
Document Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Business intelligence External links:
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
Oracle Business Intelligence – RCI
Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics Software
Information repository External links:
Payment Information Repository (PIR)
Information Repository – Odoo
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository – …
Data maintenance External links:
Street and Address Data Maintenance Program
Job Information: Data Maintenance Specialist Job
Data Maintenance Specialist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Machine-Readable Documents External links:
Machine-Readable Documents – Revolvy
Extract, transform, load External links:
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia Definition
Data architecture External links:
Certica Solutions: K-12 Cloud Platform and Data Architecture
Data enrichment External links:
What is Data Enrichment? – Definition from Techopedia
Data Quality & Data Enrichment Report
What is Data Enrichment? – Definition from Techopedia
Hierarchical storage management External links:
What is HSM (Hierarchical Storage Management)?
NetBackup and Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) …
Sophos Anti-Virus: Hierarchical Storage Management – …
Business continuity planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning Suite | Ready.gov
Business Continuity Planning – Northwestern University
Online Business Continuity Planning – Wells Fargo …
Data mining External links:
UT Data Mining
Data Mining Extensions (DMX) Reference | Microsoft Docs
What is Data Mining in Healthcare?
Solution stack External links:
Solution Stack – Posts | Facebook
What is solution stack? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Nodus eStore Solution Stack Sales Tax Automation – Avalara
Data analysis External links:
Data Analysis – Illinois State Board of Education
Data Management External links:
Spirion – Sensitive Data Management
What is data management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
Information design External links:
MIT 4.s02: Information Design | Fathom
Information design (Book, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]DG 415-5 General Facilities Information Design Guide
Knowledge management External links:
[PDF]Army Regulation 25-1, ‘Army Knowledge Management …
APQC’s 2018 Knowledge Management Conference
Home – livepro: Customer Service Knowledge Management
Data steward External links:
http://A data steward is a person responsible for the management and fitness of data elements (also known as critical data elements) – both the content and metadata. Data stewards have a specialist role that incorporates processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for administering organizations’ entire data in compliance with policy and/or regulatory obligations.
20 Best Title:(data Steward) jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
So you want to be a Data Steward? – DATAVERSITY
Enterprise content management External links:
What is Enterprise Content Management (ECM)? – aiim.org
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Services – Xerox
Data processing External links:
Data Factory – Data processing service | Microsoft Azure
Southland Data Processing Inc – Login – Payentry
Data Processing Services are Taxable
Computer data storage External links:
Computer Data Storage Options – Ferris State University
computer data storage service – TheBlaze
Data governance External links:
Data Governance Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Data Governance Overview – Oklahoma – Welcome to …
Dataguise | Sensitive Data Governance
Data erasure External links:
Data Erasure Solutions | Ontrack
Complete Data Removal, Data Erasure Software – Blancco
Secure and Certified Data Erasure Software — BitRaser
Information system External links:
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
Data security External links:
Account Data Security at Fidelity
[PDF]INSURANCE DATA SECURITY MODEL LAW Table of …
FedEx Data Security Upgrade
Data integrity External links:
Data Integrity Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Data Integrity Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Integrity Services SM – Experian
Process Management External links:
Process Management System | InTechOpen – Open Science …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Business Process Management Jobs – CareerBuilder
Data quality External links:
CRMfusion Salesforce Data Quality Software Applications
Data Analysis | Data Profiling | Experian Data Quality
CWS Data Quality Portal
Identity management External links:
Access and Identity Management Solutions | Microsoft
ISG – Identity Management System – Login
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
Open data External links:
State of New York | Open Data | Open Data NY
data.pa.gov | PA Open Data Portal
Michigan | Open Data | Michigan | Open Data
Records management External links:
Records Management | TSLAC
[PDF]TITLE Records Management Manual. Archives and …
Records Management Policy | Policies & Procedures
Postal code External links:
Postal Code Lookup in Canada
AAA ZIP/Postal Code
Find Postal Code | Singapore Post
Email address External links:
[PDF]b. PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS c. NEW …
Unique email address @GMX.com: Free & feature-packed
Find any email address with Clearbit Connect
Information Lifecycle Management External links:
Enterprise Information Lifecycle Management
Information Lifecycle Management Simplified
Random access External links:
What is RAM – Random Access Memory? Webopedia …
What is RAM? (aka Random Access Memory or Main Memory)
What is RAM (Random Access Memory)? – Computer Hope
Performance report External links:
2016–17 Texas Academic Performance Report
Public ADS-B Performance Report
[PDF]OFFICER PERFORMANCE REPORT (Lt thru Col)
Data privacy External links:
Mullen Coughlin – Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
Data Privacy Day – Stay Safe Online
Master data management External links:
Best Master Data Management (MDM) Software in 2018 | G2 …
Master Data Management | IBM Analytics
Information architecture External links:
Information Architecture – AbeBooks
Relational database External links:
How to Design Relational Database with ERD? – Visual …
Relational Database Terms Flashcards | Quizlet
Relational Database Concepts – YouTube
Document management system External links:
Certifications Document Management System – Archive
Doclink – Document Management System
Casnet – Document Management System & Scanning Services
Data proliferation External links:
[PDF]Data Proliferation STOP THAT – THIC
CPG Data Proliferation — Frain Industries
System integration External links:
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration Services
Telephone number External links:
PERS | Emergency Response Telephone Number
Corporate Data Quality Management External links:
Framework for Corporate Data Quality Management …
Corporate Data Quality Management | EFQM
CDQM means Corporate Data Quality Management – All …