What is involved in Process modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Process modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Process Modeling BPM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Process Modeling BPM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process modeling related domains to cover and 118 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process modeling, Argument, Business architecture, Business model, Business process modeling, Business process reengineering, Change management, Enterprise architecture, Granularity, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Mergers and acquisitions, Method engineering, Model-driven architecture, Model selection, Process, Process architecture, Process calculus, Process flow diagram, Process model, Process ontology, Service-oriented architecture, Six Sigma, Sjaak Brinkkemper, W.S. Humphrey:
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Process modeling tactics and separate what are the business goals Process modeling is aiming to achieve.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Process modeling does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Process modeling process?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Process modeling requirements in detail?
Argument Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Argument goals and describe the risks of Argument sustainability.
– Who is engaged by change, who wants stability and values past practice, who focuses on relationships or prefers a compelling argument for the change initiative?
– Does Process modeling create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Why should we adopt a Process modeling framework?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Business architecture goals and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Business architecture.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Process modeling project?
– Do Process modeling rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How to Secure Process modeling?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Participate in Business model outcomes and devote time assessing Business model and its risk.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– Which customers cant participate in our Process modeling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Process modeling activities?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Process modeling?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Business process modeling issues and separate what are the business goals Business process modeling is aiming to achieve.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Process modeling? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the short and long-term Process modeling goals?
Business process reengineering Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Business process reengineering visions and research ways can we become the Business process reengineering company that would put us out of business.
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Process modeling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How can we improve Process modeling?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Change management adoptions and define what our big hairy audacious Change management goal is.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– In terms of change focus, leaders will examine the success of past strategic initiatives and the concrete Change Management that accompanied them. is the overall strategy sound?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– How pro-active is the Organizational Change Management Plan?
– What is the latest success strategy in change management?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– What is the Change Management process?
– What is workplace Change Management?
– When to start Change Management?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Enterprise architecture strategies and find answers.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Is there a Process modeling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– Do we have past Process modeling Successes?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Granularity Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Granularity results and get going.
– For audit tracking, state the level of the granularity needed – do you just need to know that someone logged in and out, or do you need to know what screens or records or fields were accessed?
– If our security management product supports access control based on defined rules, what is the granularity of the rules supported: access control per user, group, or role?
– To what level of granularity do the systems objects (e.g., files, directories/folders, components) need to be protected?
– A major challenge in indexing a web site involves the level of granularity of indexing. Do you index web pages?
– What are our needs in relation to Process modeling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Process modeling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are internal and external Process modeling relations?
Lecture Notes in Computer Science Critical Criteria:
Graph Lecture Notes in Computer Science visions and grade techniques for implementing Lecture Notes in Computer Science controls.
– How likely is the current Process modeling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Can we do Process modeling without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How is the value delivered by Process modeling being measured?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Mergers and acquisitions outcomes and achieve a single Mergers and acquisitions view and bringing data together.
– Does Process modeling include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Process modeling?
– Is the scope of Process modeling defined?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Categorize Method engineering projects and revise understanding of Method engineering architectures.
– Is Process modeling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How do we Improve Process modeling service perception, and satisfaction?
Model-driven architecture Critical Criteria:
Confer re Model-driven architecture results and sort Model-driven architecture activities.
– To what extent does management recognize Process modeling as a tool to increase the results?
– What is the purpose of Process modeling in relation to the mission?
Model selection Critical Criteria:
Grasp Model selection failures and differentiate in coordinating Model selection.
– Does our organization need more Process modeling education?
– How would one define Process modeling leadership?
Process Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Process management and define what our big hairy audacious Process goal is.
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– If the cloud provider provides IDS/IPS services, is there a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that has content similar to malware attacks or spam?
– Does your organization include risk management processes in policy decisions, such as implementation of a new specification, design requirement, or other related elements?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– What new requirements emerge in terms of information processing/management to make physical and virtual world data fusion possible?
– Who has decision and/or input rights for the decisions that must be made concerning your key data processes?
– Do organizations have a formal escalation process to address Cybersecurity risks that suddenly increase in severity?
– When new processes or technologies go live, how long does it take employees to embrace the change?
– Do the results of the security categorization process reflect our Risk Management strategy?
– Are processes in place to ensure that required assurance levels do not degrade over time?
– Why should the capital budgeting process use cash flows instead of accounting profits?
– What is your process for gathering business requirements?
– Are protection processes being continuously improved?
– During -process happening properly?
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Own Process architecture strategies and probe Process architecture strategic alliances.
– Is Supporting Process modeling documentation required?
– What are the usability implications of Process modeling actions?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Deduce Process calculus goals and drive action.
– Why is Process modeling important for you now?
– How do we go about Securing Process modeling?
– Are we Assessing Process modeling and Risk?
Process flow diagram Critical Criteria:
Analyze Process flow diagram results and gather practices for scaling Process flow diagram.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Process modeling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we manage Process modeling Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are specific Process modeling Rules to follow?
Process model Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Process model quality and get answers.
– Is there a defined process model and is it followed?
– How will you measure your Process modeling effectiveness?
Process ontology Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Process ontology governance and get answers.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Process modeling. How do we gain traction?
– Who will provide the final approval of Process modeling deliverables?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Meet over Service-oriented architecture failures and figure out ways to motivate other Service-oriented architecture users.
– What are the barriers to increased Process modeling production?
– What business benefits will Process modeling goals deliver if achieved?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Six Sigma issues and differentiate in coordinating Six Sigma.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
– How can the value of Process modeling be defined?
Sjaak Brinkkemper Critical Criteria:
Read up on Sjaak Brinkkemper strategies and create Sjaak Brinkkemper explanations for all managers.
– What are the disruptive Process modeling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do we monitor the Process modeling decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
W.S. Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Define W.S. Humphrey visions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive W.S. Humphrey projects.
– Consider your own Process modeling project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Does Process modeling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Process Modeling BPM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Navvia Process Modeling Software | Process Modelling …
Argument External links:
Opioid panel’s anti-marijuana argument stirs anger – CNN
Argument Calendars – Supreme Court of the United States
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
Business Architecture Guild
Business Architecture Jobs – Business Architecture Guild
Business model External links:
Example of a Business Model – Plan to Start
Business Model – Investopedia
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
Business process modeling External links:
Guide to Business Process Modeling | Smartsheet
The importance of business process modeling in …
Business process reengineering External links:
[PDF]AIMD-10.1.15 Business Process Reengineering …
Change management External links:
Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model – Change Management …
Change Management Consulting Firm | Clerestory Consulting
[PDF]Organizational Change Management Readiness …
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Granularity External links:
Proper Data Granularity Allows for Stronger Analysis
http://www.isixsigma.com › … › Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)/Gage R&R
Granularity | definition of granularity by Medical dictionary
Granularity | Define Granularity at Dictionary.com
Lecture Notes in Computer Science External links:
[DOC]Lecture Notes in Computer Science: – APAIS
[PDF]Lecture Notes in Computer Science – rd.springer.com
[DOC]Lecture Notes in Computer Science:
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
Mergers and Acquisitions: Valuation Matters
Woodbridge International – Mergers and Acquisitions
Mergers And Acquisitions Conference | CU Conferences
Method engineering External links:
3.4 Summary of method engineering approaches
Model-driven architecture External links:
Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Model selection External links:
6.3.4 – Analysis of Deviance and Model Selection | STAT 504
Model Selection | Larson Boats
Tolly Classified – Model Selection
Process External links:
Title V Process – HUD Exchange
The Title Process – Get Results Realty
Car Title Process – Have a problem? Let us help.
Process architecture External links:
Dynamics 365 Process architecture – msdn.microsoft.com
Process calculus External links:
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
[1212.2257] A Process Calculus with Logical Operators
Title: A process calculus with finitary comprehended terms
Process flow diagram External links:
What is a Process Flow Diagram | Lucidchart
A process flow diagram (PFD) is a diagram commonly used in chemical and process engineering to indicate the general flow of plant processes and equipment. The PFD displays the relationship between major equipment of a plant facility and does not show minor details such as piping details and designations. Another commonly used term for a PFD is a flowsheet.
Process Flowchart – Draw Process Flow Diagrams by …
Process model External links:
[PPT]Software Process Model – StFX – Computer Science
A Process Model. (eBook, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
[DOC]Business Process Model Template
Process ontology External links:
CiteSeerX — Design Process Ontology Approach Proposal
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, …
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Certification | 6 Sigma Training
What Is Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – GoLeanSixSigma…
W.S. Humphrey External links:
W.S. Humphrey – topics.revolvy.com