What is involved in Test Data Management
Find out what the related areas are that Test Data Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Test Data Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Test Data Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Test Data Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Test Data Management related domains to cover and 349 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Test Data Management, Machine-Readable Documents, Data management plan, Data steward, Data security, Email address, Data cleansing, Data governance, Marketing operations, Corporate Data Quality Management, Hierarchical storage management, Database management system, Data integration, Extract, transform, load, Information repository, Information system, Business intelligence, Database administration, Data erasure, Data modeling, Data curation, Data privacy, Relational database, Data mart, CRM software, Information Lifecycle Management, Data asset, Process Management, Data theft, Identity theft, Reference data, Data management, Data warehouse, Metadata publishing, Metadata registry, Controlled vocabulary, Postal code, Document management, Data processing, Data retention, Knowledge management, Data maintenance, Records management, Data mining, Enterprise architecture, Data quality assurance, Competence Center Corporate Data Quality, Computer data storage, ERP software, Document management system, Master data management, Enterprise content management, Business continuity planning, Telephone number, Information ladder, Customer data integration, Management fad, Metadata discovery, Data quality, Information management, Identity management, Data proliferation, Data analysis, Data architecture, Data access, Random access, Information design, Performance report, Digital preservation, Data integrity, Big data, Solution stack:
Test Data Management Critical Criteria:
Survey Test Data Management outcomes and find answers.
– In the case of a Test Data Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Test Data Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Test Data Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Which customers cant participate in our Test Data Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How important is Test Data Management to the user organizations mission?
Machine-Readable Documents Critical Criteria:
Drive Machine-Readable Documents decisions and proactively manage Machine-Readable Documents risks.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Test Data Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we go about Securing Test Data Management?
Data management plan Critical Criteria:
Think about Data management plan leadership and devise Data management plan key steps.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Test Data Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Test Data Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What would be needed in a data management plan to describe use of novel equipment?
– Who is responsible for managing the data and the data management plan?
– Where will the data and data management plan be stored?
– Should the data management plan be kept with the data?
– What is a data management plan?
Data steward Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Data steward outcomes and cater for concise Data steward education.
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Test Data Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Test Data Management forward?
– Are there recognized Test Data Management problems?
– Other data stewards?
Data security Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Data security results and figure out ways to motivate other Data security users.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Test Data Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Test Data Management project lifecycle?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are the minimum data security requirements for a database containing personal financial transaction records?
– Do these concerns about data security negate the value of storage-as-a-service in the cloud?
– What is the source of the strategies for Test Data Management strengthening and reform?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– So, what should you do to mitigate these risks to data security?
– Does Test Data Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Does it contain data security obligations?
– What is Data Security at Physical Layer?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
– How will you manage data security?
Email address Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Email address tasks and pioneer acquisition of Email address systems.
– In CRM we keep record of email addresses and phone numbers of our customers employees. Will we now need to ask for explicit permission to store them?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Test Data Management processes?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– Are a customers business phone number; business email address and business IP address also considered to be personal data?
– How can you negotiate Test Data Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
Data cleansing Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Data cleansing adoptions and look at the big picture.
– Is there an ongoing data cleansing procedure to look for rot (redundant, obsolete, trivial content)?
– Do we monitor the Test Data Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Test Data Management requirements in detail?
– How to Secure Test Data Management?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Judge Data governance failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Data governance.
– Have policies and procedures been established to ensure the continuity of data services in an event of a data breach, loss, or other disaster (this includes a disaster recovery plan)?
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– Is there an existing data element or combination of data elements that can answer the same question that the proposed new data element is meant to address?
– How do you know that individuals carrying out work on behalf of your organization comply with your organizations information/data governance standards?
– Is there an organization-wide metadata standard, such as an extension of the dublin core, for use by search tools, multiple repositories, etc.?
– Does the organization have a written plan outlining processes for monitoring compliance with its established policies and procedures?
– Who will be responsible, accountable, consulted and/or informed for decisions regarding key enterprise data processes?
– Is collecting this data element the most efficient way to influence practice, policy, or research?
– Fundamental problem for users: how to search for an image that conveys what you want?
– At what organizational level is it appropriate to have a new data element?
– Have you heard people at your organization claim they have no governance?
– The front-ends are dependent on data. how is that data governed?
– How do most enterprises manage hierarchical master data today?
– How can nonprofits switch to a data-informed culture?
– Do new candidates write code during their interview?
– What does software development maturity really mean?
– Are there too many documents in a category?
– Do you have a role in data governance?
– Who owns the data that is collected?
– How do they help search?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Value Marketing operations failures and assess and formulate effective operational and Marketing operations strategies.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Test Data Management services/products?
– Among the Test Data Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How will you measure your Test Data Management effectiveness?
Corporate Data Quality Management Critical Criteria:
Match Corporate Data Quality Management failures and mentor Corporate Data Quality Management customer orientation.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Test Data Management process?
– How do we Improve Test Data Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– How can you measure Test Data Management in a systematic way?
Hierarchical storage management Critical Criteria:
Look at Hierarchical storage management projects and correct Hierarchical storage management management by competencies.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Test Data Management is underway?
– Does Test Data Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Database management system Critical Criteria:
Generalize Database management system tasks and transcribe Database management system as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Can we add value to the current Test Data Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– For your Test Data Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are accountability and ownership for Test Data Management clearly defined?
– What database management systems have been implemented?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Start Data integration decisions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Data integration projects.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Test Data Management in a volatile global economy?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Test Data Management?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
Extract, transform, load Critical Criteria:
Examine Extract, transform, load failures and optimize Extract, transform, load leadership as a key to advancement.
– What is our formula for success in Test Data Management ?
Information repository Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Information repository tasks and spearhead techniques for implementing Information repository.
– Have you identified your Test Data Management key performance indicators?
– How do we manage Test Data Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
Information system Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Information system visions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Information system is getting what it needs.
– Have we developed a continuous monitoring strategy for the information systems (including monitoring of security control effectiveness for system-specific, hybrid, and common controls) that reflects the organizational Risk Management strategy and organizational commitment to protecting critical missions and business functions?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Consider your own Test Data Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– How secure -well protected against potential risks is the information system ?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– Is authorized user access to information systems ensured?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Is security an integral part of information systems?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Business intelligence projects and report on setting up Business intelligence without losing ground.
– Does the software provide fast query performance, either via its own fast in-memory software or by directly connecting to fast data stores?
– Does your software provide roleand group-based security options that allow business users to securely create and publish their work?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– What are the main differences between a business intelligence team compared to a team of data scientists?
– What is the biggest value proposition for new BI or analytics functionality at your company?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Does creating or modifying reports or dashboards require a reporting team?
– Does your BI solution help you find the right views to examine your data?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Technical Administrators?
– What are the key skills a Business Intelligence Analyst should have?
– What information needs of managers are satisfied by the bi system?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing business intelligence?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
– Where is the business intelligence bottleneck?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– What are typical reporting applications?
– Why do we need business intelligence?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
Database administration Critical Criteria:
Add value to Database administration failures and budget for Database administration challenges.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– What are our disaster recovery goal prioritazations? Do we want to get the system up as quickly as possible?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Test Data Management processes of our organization?
– To what extent does management recognize Test Data Management as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the long-term Test Data Management goals?
– Who should be called in case of Disaster Recovery?
Data erasure Critical Criteria:
Steer Data erasure risks and observe effective Data erasure.
– Does Test Data Management analysis show the relationships among important Test Data Management factors?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Test Data Management opportunities costing us money?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Data modeling risks and observe effective Data modeling.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Test Data Management. How do we gain traction?
– What are our Test Data Management Processes?
Data curation Critical Criteria:
Check Data curation governance and describe which business rules are needed as Data curation interface.
Data privacy Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Data privacy risks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Data privacy.
– Is the Test Data Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Will the GDPR set up a one-stop-shop for data privacy regulation?
– What are the usability implications of Test Data Management actions?
Relational database Critical Criteria:
Nurse Relational database planning and describe the risks of Relational database sustainability.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Does the Test Data Management task fit the clients priorities?
Data mart Critical Criteria:
Discourse Data mart planning and observe effective Data mart.
– Does Test Data Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Is there a Test Data Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
CRM software Critical Criteria:
Deduce CRM software projects and get out your magnifying glass.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Test Data Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
– How do we maintain Test Data Managements Integrity?
Information Lifecycle Management Critical Criteria:
Confer over Information Lifecycle Management goals and devise Information Lifecycle Management key steps.
– What are all of our Test Data Management domains and what do they do?
– What are the barriers to increased Test Data Management production?
– How would one define Test Data Management leadership?
Data asset Critical Criteria:
Judge Data asset tasks and look for lots of ideas.
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Is there a catalog of all data assets that will be used or stored in the cloud environment?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Test Data Management that make it risky?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Test Data Management?
– How much does Test Data Management help?
Process Management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Process Management results and point out improvements in Process Management.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
Data theft Critical Criteria:
Confer over Data theft strategies and report on the economics of relationships managing Data theft and constraints.
– Do those selected for the Test Data Management team have a good general understanding of what Test Data Management is all about?
– Are there Test Data Management Models?
Identity theft Critical Criteria:
Pilot Identity theft outcomes and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Identity theft projects.
– Identity theft could also be an inside job. Employees at big companies that host e-mail services have physical access to e-mail accounts. How do you know nobodys reading it?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Test Data Management?
– How can skill-level changes improve Test Data Management?
Reference data Critical Criteria:
Group Reference data planning and explore and align the progress in Reference data.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Test Data Management project?
– Do we all define Test Data Management in the same way?
Data management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Data management planning and document what potential Data management megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Have standard policies and procedures about all aspects of data governance and the Data Management lifecycle, including collection, maintenance, usage and dissemination, been clearly defined and documented?
– When making a request to use anothers data, be specific. are you looking for an entire dataset that includes multiple variables or are you looking for a subset of this data?
– Have you captured the workflow (which conceptualizes the data inputs, transformations, and analytical steps to achieve the final data output)?
– Describe the type of data (e.g. digital, non-digital) and how they will be generated? Are these primary or metadata?
– How will this data be exploited and/or shared/made accessible for verification and reuse?
– What needs to be in the plan related to the data capture for the various data sets?
– What is the format of the information and what form does it need to be stored in?
– When a dataset is deemed to no longer be worth keeping, who should be notified?
– Property availability is the assigned external property available?
– Are there access restrictions that must be enforced?
– Are the data needed for corporate decision making?
– Where and on what media will you store the data?
– Where will the necessary funds come from?
– Is any of the data owned by someone else?
– What data will be included in an archive?
– When will you make the data available?
– Any conditions of use and access?
– What is it?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Generalize Data warehouse management and find out.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Test Data Management processes?
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
Metadata publishing Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Metadata publishing engagements and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Test Data Management activities?
– Who will provide the final approval of Test Data Management deliverables?
– Is a Test Data Management Team Work effort in place?
Metadata registry Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Metadata registry failures and slay a dragon.
– Will Test Data Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Test Data Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What about Test Data Management Analysis of results?
Controlled vocabulary Critical Criteria:
Align Controlled vocabulary planning and drive action.
Postal code Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Postal code engagements and intervene in Postal code processes and leadership.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Test Data Management leaders?
Document management Critical Criteria:
Study Document management governance and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Test Data Management agendas for the next 3 years?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– Why should we adopt a Test Data Management framework?
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Coach on Data processing risks and gather practices for scaling Data processing.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Is Test Data Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
Data retention Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Data retention leadership and figure out ways to motivate other Data retention users.
– What are the key elements of your Test Data Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do the Test Data Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Frame Knowledge management goals and question.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– What will drive Test Data Management change?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Data maintenance Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Data maintenance adoptions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Data maintenance projects.
Records management Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Records management adoptions and observe effective Records management.
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– How can the value of Test Data Management be defined?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Face Data mining tactics and revise understanding of Data mining architectures.
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– Does Test Data Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Test Data Management been identified and analyzed?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Adapt Enterprise architecture decisions and reduce Enterprise architecture costs.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Data quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Gauge Data quality assurance decisions and innovate what needs to be done with Data quality assurance.
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Competence Center Corporate Data Quality outcomes and describe which business rules are needed as Competence Center Corporate Data Quality interface.
– Which Test Data Management goals are the most important?
Computer data storage Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Computer data storage results and test out new things.
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about ERP software strategies and define what do we need to start doing with ERP software.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Test Data Management processes?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Document management system planning and interpret which customers can’t participate in Document management system because they lack skills.
– How is the value delivered by Test Data Management being measured?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Master data management outcomes and point out Master data management tensions in leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Test Data Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Test Data Management values?
– How will you know that the Test Data Management project has been successful?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Enterprise content management Critical Criteria:
Probe Enterprise content management leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Enterprise content management projects.
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Gauge Business continuity planning tactics and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Business continuity planning decisions.
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
– Why is Test Data Management important for you now?
Telephone number Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Telephone number quality and finalize the present value of growth of Telephone number.
– Who needs to know about Test Data Management ?
Information ladder Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Information ladder results and get out your magnifying glass.
– Are we Assessing Test Data Management and Risk?
Customer data integration Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Customer data integration outcomes and assess what counts with Customer data integration that we are not counting.
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Coach on Management fad goals and maintain Management fad for success.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Test Data Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Metadata discovery Critical Criteria:
Explore Metadata discovery projects and separate what are the business goals Metadata discovery is aiming to achieve.
– What are our needs in relation to Test Data Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Data quality tactics and get answers.
– Are data sufficiently precise to present a fair picture of performance and enable management decision-making at the appropriate levels?
– Has the program/project clearly documented (in writing) what is reported to who, and how and when reporting is required?
– Information on verification or evidence for the value and accuracy how can I check the value or have a confidence in it?
– Are clearly written instructions available on how to use the reporting tools/forms related to people reached/served?
– Are data timely enough to influence management decision-making (i.e., in terms of frequency and currency)?
– Do you have policies and procedures which direct your data collection process?
– Perform inventory (expensive), or use proxy (track complaints). audit samples?
– How do we Identify specific Test Data Management investment and emerging trends?
– what is the difference between a field duplicate and a field split?
– Can good algorithms, models, heuristics overcome Data Quality problems?
– How standardized are Data Quality and governance practices?
– What is the lowest level for which you have data?
– You get a data set. what do you do with it?
– Has your tool delivered a positive roi?
– Is the frequency of review identified?
– What makes up a good record?
– Is the system acceptable?
– Do we do data profiling?
– Where do you clean data?
– What is spent on it?
Information management Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Information management visions and plan concise Information management education.
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Identity management results and attract Identity management skills.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– How do we know that any Test Data Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Data proliferation Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Data proliferation failures and maintain Data proliferation for success.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Test Data Management effort?
– What are current Test Data Management Paradigms?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Drive Data analysis tactics and catalog Data analysis activities.
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
Data architecture Critical Criteria:
Check Data architecture decisions and gather practices for scaling Data architecture.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Test Data Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Test Data Management process available?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
– What is Effective Test Data Management?
Data access Critical Criteria:
Reason over Data access decisions and devise Data access key steps.
– Have internal procedural controls been established to manage user data access, including security screenings, training, and confidentiality agreements required for staff with pii access privileges?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Test Data Management leader?
– What impact would the naming conventions and the use of homegrown software have on later data access?
– What are the data access requirements for standard file, message, and data management?
– What should be our public authorities policy with regards to data access?
– What impact would the naming conventions have on later data access?
– What are the effects software updates have on later data access?
– What are the implications of tracking/monitoring data access?
– How are data accessed?
Random access Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Random access quality and research ways can we become the Random access company that would put us out of business.
Information design Critical Criteria:
Grasp Information design management and proactively manage Information design risks.
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
Performance report Critical Criteria:
Drive Performance report goals and differentiate in coordinating Performance report.
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– How do we keep improving Test Data Management?
Digital preservation Critical Criteria:
Dissect Digital preservation issues and differentiate in coordinating Digital preservation.
– Is maximizing Test Data Management protection the same as minimizing Test Data Management loss?
Data integrity Critical Criteria:
Deduce Data integrity issues and balance specific methods for improving Data integrity results.
– Integrity/availability/confidentiality: How are data integrity, availability, and confidentiality maintained in the cloud?
– Data Integrity, Is it SAP created?
– Can we rely on the Data Integrity?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Analyze Big data planning and mentor Big data customer orientation.
– Do you see the need for actions in the area of standardisation (including both formal standards and the promotion of/agreement on de facto standards) related to your sector?
– Do we address the daunting challenge of Big Data: how to make an easy use of highly diverse data and provide knowledge?
– Are we collecting data once and using it many times, or duplicating data collection efforts and submerging data in silos?
– Does your organization share data with other entities (with customers, suppliers, companies, government, etc)?
– Is the software compatible with new database formats for raw, unstructured, and semi-structured big data?
– Quality vs. Quantity: What data are required to satisfy the given value proposition?
– How to identify relevant fragments of data easily from a multitude of data sources?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– How close to the edge can we push the filtering and compression algorithms?
– Future Plans What is the future plan to expand this solution?
– Are our Big Data investment programs results driven?
– More efficient all-to-all operations (similarities)?
– How does that compare to other science disciplines?
– Overall cost (matrix, weighting, SVD, sims)?
– Where Is This Big Data Coming From ?
– How can we summarize streaming data?
– What is Advanced Analytics?
– Are we Using Data To Win?
– What are we collecting?
– Where is the ROI?
Solution stack Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Solution stack outcomes and point out improvements in Solution stack.
– What are the business goals Test Data Management is aiming to achieve?
– What is our Test Data Management Strategy?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Test Data Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Test Data Management External links:
What is Test Data Management? – Definition from …
Data management plan External links:
Metadata for Data: Data Management Plan | NCSU Libraries
Data Management Plan Examples | NCSU Libraries
Write a data management plan | Data management
Data steward External links:
http://A data steward is a person responsible for the management and fitness of data elements (also known as critical data elements) – both the content and metadata. Data stewards have a specialist role that incorporates processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for administering organizations’ entire data in compliance with policy and/or regulatory obligations.
So you want to be a Data Steward? – DATAVERSITY
Data Steward Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data security External links:
Data Security – OWASP
[PDF]Title: Data Security Policy Code: 1-100-200 12-31 …
[PDF]INSURANCE DATA SECURITY MODEL LAW Table of …
Data cleansing External links:
Data cleansing – SlideShare
[DOC]Without a data cleansing – University of Oklahoma
Data Cleansing Solution – Salesforce.com
Data governance External links:
Data Governance – Do Job Titles Matter? – DATAVERSITY
What is data governance (DG)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
[PDF]Data Governance Overview – Oklahoma – Welcome to …
Marketing operations External links:
Marketing Operations Specialist Jobs in Windsor, CT – …
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Marketing Operations – Aprimo
Corporate Data Quality Management External links:
CDQM means Corporate Data Quality Management – All …
Corporate data quality management: From theory to …
Framework for Corporate Data Quality Management …
Hierarchical storage management External links:
Which Hierarchical Storage Management system does …
What is HSM (Hierarchical Storage Management)?
[PDF]Hierarchical Storage Management System Evaluation
Database management system External links:
database management system (DBMS) | computing | Britannica.com
Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) – Techopedia.com
Database Management System (DBMS) – Techopedia.com
Data integration External links:
ADP Marketplace | The Source for HR Data Integration
Data Integration Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
IBM Data Integration – IBM Analytics
Extract, transform, load External links:
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia Definition
Information repository External links:
Payment Information Repository (PIR)
Paul Swoyer Septics — Information Repository
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository
Information system External links:
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
[PDF]National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System: …
Business intelligence External links:
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
Database administration External links:
WinSQL – A database administration and developement tool
DBArtisan | Database Administration Solution
Oracle Database Administration for Absolute Beginners | Udemy
Data erasure External links:
Data Erasure & Data Compliance | Xtech Global
Enterprise Data Erasure
Data Erasure Services – Green Safe IT Disposals
Data modeling External links:
[PDF]Course Title: Data Modeling for Business Analysts
| Peace, Love, Data Modeling
What is data modeling? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data curation External links:
Data curation (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
What is data curation? – Definition from WhatIs.com
SPEC Kit 354: Data Curation (May 2017) – publications.arl.org
Data privacy External links:
Student Data Privacy | New York State Education Department
First Data Privacy & Legal | First Data
Data Privacy and Cyber security | Mass.gov
Relational database External links:
Relational Database Model | Database Management | …
Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) – AWS
Relational Databases – ScienceDirect
Data mart External links:
MPR Data Mart
[PDF]A Basic Primer on Data Marts – webgrok.com
UNC Data Mart – University of North Carolina
CRM software External links:
The Best CRM Software of 2017 | Top Ten Reviews
Improveit!360 – Contractor Software – Remodeler CRM Software
Simple CRM Software – Highrise
Information Lifecycle Management External links:
SAP Data Volume & Information Lifecycle Management
Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) | Informatica US
Data asset External links:
Our Data Asset | JPMorgan Chase Institute
Process Management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
Emerson Process Management: Products
http://Management process is a process of setting goals, planning and/or controlling the organizing and leading the execution of any type of activity, such as: a project (project management process) or. a process (process management process, sometimes referred to as the process performance measurement and management system).
Data theft External links:
RCW 9A.90.100: Electronic data theft.
Identity theft External links:
[PDF]Identity Theft and Your Social Security Number
Identity Theft Protection – experian.com
http://Ad · www.experian.com/No-ID-Theft
Identity Theft | Consumer Information
Reference data External links:
Fiscal Service Reference Data
NJDOT Reference Data – New Jersey
Reference data : CIBSE guide C. (Book, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
Data management External links:
Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Online Data Management System
What is Data Management: Definition | Informatica US
UDSH Historical Data Management System
Data warehouse External links:
Title Data Warehouse Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Data Warehouse – Utility’s Smart Grid Clearinghouse
http://smartgrid.epri.com/UseCases/DW – Utility DOE SG Clearhouse_ph2add.pdf
Title 2 Data Warehouse – Data.gov
Metadata registry External links:
Open Metadata Registry
Home – Aristotle Open Metadata Registry
Controlled vocabulary External links:
What Is A Controlled Vocabulary? – Boxes and Arrows
Controlled vocabulary – TheFreeDictionary Medical Dictionary
I Can Read It! Books | Controlled Vocabulary Books | Sonlight
Postal code External links:
Find a Postal Code | Canada Post
1 Location Near Postal Code 98052 – Motion Industries
Korea Postal Code System Change – FedEx
Document management External links:
What Is Document Management? – msdn.microsoft.com
Document Management Incorporated :: Motor Vehicle Solutions
Document Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data processing External links:
[PDF]DATA PROCESSING ASSISTANT – Michigan
Data Processing Services are Taxable
Data Processing Essays – ManyEssays.com
Data retention External links:
[DOC]Data Retention Policy – hr.waddell.com
[PDF]Data Retention and Destruction Policy
[PDF]XtraMath Data Retention Policy
Knowledge management External links:
Knowledge Management System – Login
Home | Center for Knowledge Management
A hub for technical knowledge management. — NDCAC
Data maintenance External links:
Job Information: Data Maintenance Specialist Job
Data Maintenance Coordinator | IllinoisJobLink.com
[PDF]Chapter 9 – Data Maintenance – Michigan
Records management External links:
National Archives Records Management Information Page
Title and Records Management | Loan Portfolio Servicing
RMDA – Records Management and Declassification Agency
Data mining External links:
[PDF]Data Mining Mining Text Data – tutorialspoint.com
Data Mining (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Title Data Mining Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Data quality assurance External links:
Data Quality Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data quality assurance – SearchDataManagement
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality External links:
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality | CDQ AG – …
Computer data storage External links:
Computer Data Storage Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Computer Data Storage Options – Ferris State University
ERP software External links:
Infor VISUAL | Infor VISUAL ERP Software | Infor
ERP software solutions built on Microsoft Dynamics NAV
BUSINESS™ ERP Software – Accounting, CRM, HR, …
Document management system External links:
Electronic Document Management System for Higher …
Document Management System Solutions – Dokmee
Casnet – Document Management System & Scanning …
Enterprise content management External links:
What is Enterprise Content Management (ECM)? – aiim.org
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Services – Xerox
Business continuity planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning – BCP – Investopedia
Telephone number External links:
PERS | Emergency Response Telephone Number
Customer data integration External links:
Experian | Customer Data Integration CDI
Customer Data Integration – Just another Tamr Inc. Sites site
Data Processing & Customer Data Integration (CDI) | Merkle
Management fad External links:
Is ‘mindfulness’ just another management fad? | Fortune
Six Sigma…a Stupid Management Fad? | NC State …
Is / Was Six Sigma a management fad? – Updated 2017
Metadata discovery External links:
Metadata discovery – Revolvy
Data quality External links:
Data quality (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Information management External links:
Property Information Management System
Home | Information Management
[PDF]Information Management Information Assurance
Identity management External links:
Identity Management | Services
identity management jobs | Dice.com
Identity management : a primer (Book, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Data proliferation External links:
[PDF]Data Proliferation STOP THAT – THIC
CPG Data Proliferation — Frain Industries
Data analysis External links:
Google Sheets – Spreadsheets & Data Analysis for Business
Data Analysis in Excel – EASY Excel Tutorial
Regional Data Warehouse/Data Analysis Site
Data architecture External links:
[PDF]NIOSH Standard Occupational Data Architecture …
Data Architecture Summit – DATAVERSITY
Data access External links:
SHRP2 NDS Data Access
MN Public Health Data Access Portal
North Dakota Public Data Access
Random access External links:
Random Access Memories by Daft Punk on Apple Music
Random access file (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
“Flash Gordon” Random Access (TV Episode 2007) – IMDb
Information design External links:
Information design (Book, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
Information design (Book, 1999) [WorldCat.org]
Adjunct Lecturer, Information Design & Corporate Communication
Performance report External links:
[PDF]Semi-Annual Performance Report U.S. Department …
Uniform Bank Performance Report (UPBR) Availability …
Public ADS-B Performance Report
Digital preservation External links:
About – Digital Preservation (Library of Congress)
Data integrity External links:
Data Integrity Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
[PDF]Data Integrity Manager JD – laerdaltraining.com
Data Integrity Services SM – Experian
Big data External links:
Databricks – Making Big Data Simple
Loudr: Big Data for Music Rights
Solution stack External links:
Solution Stack – Posts | Facebook
What is a Solution Stack? – Definition from Techopedia
What is solution stack? – Definition from WhatIs.com