What is involved in Cyber-physical system
Find out what the related areas are that Cyber-physical system connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cyber-physical system thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cyber-physical system journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cyber-physical system leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cyber-physical system related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cyber-physical system, Association for Computing Machinery, Automatic pilot, Autonomous automobile, Chemical process, Cloud computing, Computer network, Critical infrastructure, Cyber manufacturing, Deep-sea exploration, Embedded system, Functional Mock-up Interface, Home appliance, IEEE Spectrum, Idaho National Laboratory, Indoor positioning system, Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Medical monitoring, National Science Foundation, Predictive manufacturing system, Process control system, Resilient control systems, SAP AG, Schneider Electric, Signal-flow graph, Smart grid, Wireless network:
Cyber-physical system Critical Criteria:
Rank Cyber-physical system leadership and remodel and develop an effective Cyber-physical system strategy.
– Will Cyber-physical system have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– When a Cyber-physical system manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we know that any Cyber-physical system analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Association for Computing Machinery Critical Criteria:
Judge Association for Computing Machinery strategies and research ways can we become the Association for Computing Machinery company that would put us out of business.
– For your Cyber-physical system project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How can you negotiate Cyber-physical system successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is the scope of Cyber-physical system defined?
Automatic pilot Critical Criteria:
Grasp Automatic pilot governance and triple focus on important concepts of Automatic pilot relationship management.
– How do we measure improved Cyber-physical system service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we Improve Cyber-physical system service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who needs to know about Cyber-physical system ?
Autonomous automobile Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Autonomous automobile strategies and assess what counts with Autonomous automobile that we are not counting.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Cyber-physical system services/products?
– How would one define Cyber-physical system leadership?
– What are current Cyber-physical system Paradigms?
Chemical process Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Chemical process engagements and perfect Chemical process conflict management.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Cyber-physical system workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– To what extent does management recognize Cyber-physical system as a tool to increase the results?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Recall Cloud computing projects and customize techniques for implementing Cloud computing controls.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– Recoverability: how will the service provider respond to disasters and ensure continued service?
– What is the name of the organization helping to foster security standards for cloud computing?
– Does the rise of cloud computing make managed hosting less desired and less important?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– What are some standards emerging around cloud computing?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– What will cloud computing look like in 5 years?
– What is scalability and why is it important?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Mine Computer network leadership and probe Computer network strategic alliances.
– What are the disruptive Cyber-physical system technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Cyber-physical system? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– How can the value of Cyber-physical system be defined?
Critical infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Think about Critical infrastructure goals and balance specific methods for improving Critical infrastructure results.
– What role(s) do or should national/international standards and organizations that develop national/international standards play in critical infrastructure Cybersecurity conformity assessment?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in developing a cross-sector standards-based Framework for critical infrastructure?
– Which of these practices do commenters see as being the most critical for the secure operation of critical infrastructure?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– What do we see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– Are these practices widely used throughout critical infrastructure and industry?
– Will Cyber-physical system deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Are accountability and ownership for Cyber-physical system clearly defined?
– How to deal with Cyber-physical system Changes?
Cyber manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Design Cyber manufacturing decisions and finalize the present value of growth of Cyber manufacturing.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Cyber-physical system?
– How do we Identify specific Cyber-physical system investment and emerging trends?
Deep-sea exploration Critical Criteria:
Guard Deep-sea exploration quality and triple focus on important concepts of Deep-sea exploration relationship management.
– Does our organization need more Cyber-physical system education?
– What is Effective Cyber-physical system?
Embedded system Critical Criteria:
Probe Embedded system failures and ask questions.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Cyber-physical system strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What is the source of the strategies for Cyber-physical system strengthening and reform?
Functional Mock-up Interface Critical Criteria:
Dissect Functional Mock-up Interface decisions and ask questions.
– What is our formula for success in Cyber-physical system ?
– How can we improve Cyber-physical system?
– Are there Cyber-physical system Models?
Home appliance Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Home appliance outcomes and reduce Home appliance costs.
– Does Cyber-physical system appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How do we maintain Cyber-physical systems Integrity?
IEEE Spectrum Critical Criteria:
Review IEEE Spectrum engagements and reduce IEEE Spectrum costs.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Cyber-physical system strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is Cyber-physical system dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are our Cyber-physical system Processes?
Idaho National Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Value Idaho National Laboratory quality and find out.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Cyber-physical system forward?
– How will you measure your Cyber-physical system effectiveness?
Indoor positioning system Critical Criteria:
Pilot Indoor positioning system management and document what potential Indoor positioning system megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Cyber-physical system, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the long-term Cyber-physical system goals?
Industry 4.0 Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Industry 4.0 management and ask what if.
– How much does Cyber-physical system help?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Model after Internet of Things decisions and oversee Internet of Things requirements.
– What types of service platforms are required to deploy event driven applications and to make possible dynamic adaptation of service platforms or application to insertion of sensors with new classes of capabilities?
– Do you believe that additional principles and requirements are necessary for IoT applications?
– Is any form of notice provided to the individual prior to collection of information?
– What are the organizations that are using the Internet of Things using it for?
– Who is responsible for a connected device malfunction or resulting accident?
– What does the internet of things mean for the future of our industry?
– Can we clarify what some of our real opportunities in iiot are?
– Have you established a Center of Excellence (COE) for the IoT?
– What will the next killer app be for the Internet of Things?
– How can Arduino be used to explore the Internet of Things?
– Does the system evolve toward a stable mix of agent types?
– What safeguard measures are in place to ensure security?
– What does a good Internet of Things strategy include?
– Can the company scale its operations as it grows?
– Does the ecosystem enable end to end security?
– How can we implement Internet of things?
– What does a sensor look like?
– Will we find gold in iiot?
– Is the IoT a reality?
– How far will we go?
Medical monitoring Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Medical monitoring failures and develop and take control of the Medical monitoring initiative.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Cyber-physical system processes?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Cyber-physical system project manager?
– How do we go about Securing Cyber-physical system?
National Science Foundation Critical Criteria:
Trace National Science Foundation projects and stake your claim.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Cyber-physical system? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Among the Cyber-physical system product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Cyber-physical system study?
Predictive manufacturing system Critical Criteria:
Drive Predictive manufacturing system projects and drive action.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Cyber-physical system ?
– Does the Cyber-physical system task fit the clients priorities?
Process control system Critical Criteria:
Recall Process control system tactics and transcribe Process control system as tomorrows backbone for success.
Resilient control systems Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Resilient control systems outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– Does Cyber-physical system include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Is there a Cyber-physical system Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What threat is Cyber-physical system addressing?
SAP AG Critical Criteria:
Experiment with SAP AG results and define what our big hairy audacious SAP AG goal is.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Cyber-physical system?
Schneider Electric Critical Criteria:
Depict Schneider Electric failures and define what do we need to start doing with Schneider Electric.
– In a project to restructure Cyber-physical system outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How important is Cyber-physical system to the user organizations mission?
Signal-flow graph Critical Criteria:
Sort Signal-flow graph visions and look for lots of ideas.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Cyber-physical system agendas for the next 3 years?
Smart grid Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Smart grid risks and ask what if.
– Does your organization perform vulnerability assessment activities as part of the acquisition cycle for products in each of the following areas: Cybersecurity, SCADA, smart grid, internet connectivity, and website hosting?
– Is there any existing Cyber-physical system governance structure?
Wireless network Critical Criteria:
Sort Wireless network leadership and observe effective Wireless network.
– If wireless technology is used, do perimeter firewalls exist between wireless networks and the payment card environment?
– What percentage of classrooms in the school has access to the schools wireless network?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Cyber-physical system objectives?
– Does Cyber-physical system analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cyber-physical system Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cyber-physical system External links:
EuroCPS | Cyber-Physical Systems
Cyber-Physical Systems – a Concept Map
Association for Computing Machinery External links:
Association for Computing Machinery Student Chapter …
Association for Computing Machinery – Official Site
Association for Computing Machinery
Automatic pilot External links:
automatic pilot – Everything2.com
Automatic Pilot (Book, 1982) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Step out of Automatic Pilot – Still Mind
http://www.stillmind.com.au/Documents/Step Out of Automatic Pilot.pdf
Chemical process External links:
Title Chemical Process Engineer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
ClearDATA – Secure, HIPAA Compliant Cloud Computing
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Critical infrastructure External links:
Critical infrastructure protection – usfa.fema.gov
Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience – FEMA
Cyber manufacturing External links:
Cyber Manufacturing LLC – MapQuest
Deep-sea exploration External links:
Junior Library Guild : Deep-Sea Exploration by Wil Mara
Embedded system External links:
Embedded System Abstracts | 1000 Projects
Embedded System Tutorial UART – Social Ledge
Embedded Systems 101 – Embedded Systems Learning …
Functional Mock-up Interface External links:
Related | Functional Mock-up Interface
Home appliance External links:
Major Home Appliance Repair – Washer Repair, …
M and S Home Appliance LLC – Yuma, AZ
Airport Home Appliance – Official Site
IEEE Spectrum External links:
IEEE Spectrum Subscription Application
IEEE Spectrum – Google+
IEEE Spectrum – Official Site
Idaho National Laboratory External links:
IDAHO NATIONAL LABORATORY – id.energy.gov
Idaho National Laboratory Salaries | CareerBliss
Idaho National Laboratory-Idaho Falls-University of Idaho
Indoor positioning system External links:
Indoor Positioning System – data drives innovation
Indoor navigation and indoor positioning system by Visioglobe
Teldio | IPS Indoor Positioning System for MOTOTRBO
Industry 4.0 External links:
QiO – Industry 4.0 Software Company
Industry 4.0 – Infosys
Industry 4.0: Sharpening the Picture beyond the Hype
Internet of Things External links:
Physical Web Touchpoint Browsing for the Internet of Things
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Internet of Things | Dell United States
Medical monitoring External links:
[PDF]OCCUPATIONAL MEDICAL MONITORING …
Welcome to WTC Medical Monitoring and Treatment Program
Elastic Care – Remote Medical Monitoring
National Science Foundation External links:
NSF – National Science Foundation
Predictive manufacturing system External links:
Predictive manufacturing system – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Predictive manufacturing system
Process control system External links:
Bailey Net-90 Process Control System Hardware – GovDeals.com
About the ProLeiT Group – process control system
Resilient control systems External links:
“Towards Assurance Cases for Resilient Control Systems…
SAP AG External links:
User Management, SAP AG
User Management, SAP AG – Welcome! Please Sign in.
User Management, SAP AG
Schneider Electric External links:
Schneider Electric – Official Site
My Schneider Electric – Login
My Schneider Electric – Login
Smart grid External links:
Honeywell Smart Grid
Smart Grid Massachusetts | National Grid
[PDF]Smart Grid Asset Descriptions
Wireless network External links:
AT&T MicroCell Wireless Network Extender
How to set up Wireless Network Connection in Windows …
Setting up a wireless network – Windows Help